Focal Clear headphones
Dec 18, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #11,401 of 12,638
Can't see myself ever parting with my OG Clear tbh. They're the ultimate all-rounder. Listening through my new Burson Soloist GT and the soundstage is actually pretty spacious now too.

Dec 18, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #11,405 of 12,638
Does any of the new focals fix the headband snapping in half problem?
Theres an easy fix for that...

You could try not snapping it half?

Dec 18, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #11,406 of 12,638
Theres an easy fix for that...

You could try not snapping it half?
Lmao, a friend of mine just put it on his head and it snapped in half, Focal wouldn't help him even though it was in warranty so when that happened I decided not to ever get anything by Focal until they fix the headband and actually make it out of metal not plastic

Dec 18, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #11,407 of 12,638
Lmao, a friend of mine just put it on his head and it snapped in half, Focal wouldn't help him even though it was in warranty so when that happened I decided not to ever get anything by Focal until they fix the headband and actually make it out of metal not plastic
This is the first time I've heard of this kind of problem. He might have just received a damaged unit, its not the sturdiest headphone I've had but I would imagine it would be quite difficult to snap it half.

I doubt they'd make the headband out of metal as it already is quite heavy.

Dec 18, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #11,408 of 12,638
So he brought a brand new headphone, the headband snapped for no reason and Focal won't fix it?
Sounds pretty fishy to me.

Dec 18, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #11,409 of 12,638
So he brought a brand new headphone, the headband snapped for no reason and Focal won't fix it?
Sounds pretty fishy to me.
Yup I was there Lol. I looked it up online and seems some others had the same issue. He has it for a almost a year at the time but still its too expensive for that too happen. Plastic is a bad material for a headband and shouldn't be used at this price imo

Dec 18, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #11,410 of 12,638
This is the first time I've heard of this kind of problem. He might have just received a damaged unit, its not the sturdiest headphone I've had but I would imagine it would be quite difficult to snap it half.

I doubt they'd make the headband out of metal as it already is quite heavy.
Most headphones at these prices have metal headbands, aluminum and magnesium aren't very heavy.

Dec 18, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #11,411 of 12,638
Yup I was there Lol. I looked it up online and seems some others had the same issue. He has it for a almost a year at the time but still its too expensive for that too happen. Plastic is a bad material for a headband and shouldn't be used at this price imo
So, you are saying that Focal would not fix or replace it? Did he buy new?

Lots of headphones use plastic for the headband. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Metal is heavy.

Dec 19, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #11,413 of 12,638
I'm planning to swap the clear XLR cable male into 2.5mm..

Is it possible to disassembly it without damaging/cutting the wire to be shorter?

And is it reversible if someday I want to re assembly the XLR again? Thank you...

Dec 19, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #11,415 of 12,638
To @atatata:
15AFC392-469E-45D7-9BD2-4788976018CA.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back