Focal Clear headphones
Feb 27, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #10,411 of 12,651
Is there a set of open-back headphones that sound similar to Clear OG, but with more bass extension (and which doesn't cost $6000)?
If you can still find them, the DEKONI Ltd Stellia Sheepskin pads also give the Clear OG a nice bass boost and IMO also improve extension.
The DAC also plays a role, my Chord Hugo 2 has a much more defined and extended low frequency than the Mojo for example.
Clear OG + Ltd Stellia pads + Hugo 2 = niiiiice extended, rumble and punchy basslines
(Coming from a neutral tuning, it‘s not bass head quantity but the quality is great)

Feb 27, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #10,412 of 12,651
If you can still find them, the DEKONI Ltd Stellia Sheepskin pads also give the Clear OG a nice bass boost and IMO also improve extension.
The DAC also plays a role, my Chord Hugo 2 has a much more defined and extended low frequency than the Mojo for example.
Clear OG + Ltd Stellia pads + Hugo 2 = niiiiice extended, rumble and punchy basslines
(Coming from a neutral tuning, it‘s not bass head quantity but the quality is great)
If you search, there was a UK audio shop that still had those pads in stock as of a couple of weeks ago, and they shipped internationally.

About $ 125 USD with shipping and VAT, I think. I considered getting a pair myself as backups for my Stellia pads, or to try with the Elear as well as an experiment.

Feb 27, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #10,413 of 12,651
Is there a set of open-back headphones that sound similar to Clear OG, but with more bass extension (and which doesn't cost $6000)?
Get Stellia Pads if you can find them.
1646007524129.png

Feb 27, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #10,414 of 12,651
Get Stellia Pads if you can find them.
Did someone say "Dekoni Limited Edition Focal Stellia Pads"?

20220227_201630.jpg

20220227_201847.jpg

Getting ready to test them out now. Stay "tuned".... Get it?!?!

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #10,415 of 12,651
Didn't realize they lacked bass extension.

Mar 6, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #10,416 of 12,651
An odd thing happened to my hifi addiction.

Since I've got the focal clear, I'm good. Barely on head fi anymore.
It's been an interesting journey the past year, i've been so close to buying high end pieces like the Abyss Diana V2, or Stellia, or Empyrean, all things I've demoed.
But the Focal Clear are so insanely good, I don't see a need to go for anything else. Pop these on a Chord Hugo and you're set i reckon.

Mar 6, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #10,417 of 12,651

It's been an interesting journey the past year, i've been so close to buying high end pieces like the Abyss Diana V2, or Stellia, or Empyrean, all things I've demoed.
But the Focal Clear are so insanely good, I don't see a need to go for anything else. Pop these on a Chord Hugo and you're set i reckon.
Even a simple setup that I'm using, Modi multibit, Asgard 3, and Audiolab 6000CDT transport, with my Focal Clear Pro headphones has taken care of my upgrade bug. I plan on buying a Bifrost 2 but there's no hurry.

Mar 6, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #10,418 of 12,651
Even a simple setup that I'm using, Modi multibit, Asgard 3, and Audiolab 6000CDT transport, with my Focal Clear Pro headphones has taken care of my upgrade bug. I plan on buying a Bifrost 2 but there's no hurry.
The Audiolab & the Clear: fantastic beginning & end! 👏

Mar 10, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #10,419 of 12,651
Has anyone tried removing the pcb ?

It seems to be more complex than the two screws holding the pcb as I removed them and it was still fixed there.
IMG_20220310_214009.jpg

Mar 20, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #10,421 of 12,651

The OG clears were my first headphones that was dynamic you can make out the pitch black back ground all while giving u that 180 degree soundstage, it was intimate while treble is almost too sibliant for some it never had a issue with it. I can tell it was trying to give me all the information it can. Sometimes I browse the classified section looking for a sweet deal on a 2nd hand OG clear to compliment my Lcd-4.

In my opinion the clears are the best mid Fi headphones I would choose them over the Arya's V2 and Stealth only because you can buy the clears cheaper and the stealth kinda sounds like a Clear now for more money lol.

Yep the Clears are end game for many.

Mar 22, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #10,422 of 12,651
....In my opinion the clears are the best mid Fi headphones ...
LOL

How the headphone landscape has changed in the last 10 years! Fancy calling the Clears "mid-fi".

Mar 22, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #10,425 of 12,651
They're an end game for me. I'm retired and enjoy not working so these are the Highest-Fi for me. :)

I have cans that cost more but the Focal's sound much better to me. They sound good, look good, fit well, the build quality is good.
Overall, they ooze "quality" Have never been happier with a pair of full sized cans than my Focals'....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back