Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Nov 7, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #1,532 of 1,723
For non-Samsung Android users has anyone tried UAPPs volume controls when in wired DAC mode? For those who prefer listening that way it might represent a solution. When I have a chance I'll try it wired and Bluetooth, expecting if it works it'll only be in wired DAC mode.

Nov 7, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #1,533 of 1,723
A picture says more than a word or two.

This “EQ” reacts differently of what I am use to.

I am lucky I did not need lower lowend😅

Attachments

• 2F1618BA-810F-4FE7-990F-58631559A5E2.jpeg
    2F1618BA-810F-4FE7-990F-58631559A5E2.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 0
Nov 7, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #1,534 of 1,723
Good luck!
Hi, you might have solved this issue for me.
Because now there are two levels of volume. i can control max level of bathys on bathys. and then adjust out of that max on my phone ( hope that made sense :) )
i recommend everyone with android to try that out.
Thank you JSMILLER58!

(go into developer settings and select “Disable absolute volume”))

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #1,535 of 1,723
Sorry, I am sure this is obvious and has been tried… you can separately adjust phone and headset volume on Android. Maybe being able to adjust both can get you to the volume you are looking for (if you have Android device)… (If you are unfamiliar with it, you need to go into developer settings and select “Disable absolute volume”). Sorry if that is both obvious and redundant.
Hi, you might have solved this issue for me.
Because now there are two levels of volume. i can control max level of bathys on bathys. and then adjust out of that max on my phone ( hope that made sense :) )
i recommend everyone with android to try that out.
Thank you JSMILLER58!

(go into developer settings and select “Disable absolute volume”))
I tried it a few days ago and couldn't get it to work.

However, I forgot to disconnect/reconnect the Bluetooth and now it works. Still not optimal, but at least I can get it to a more finely tuned volume level.

For non-Samsung Android users has anyone tried UAPPs volume controls when in wired DAC mode? For those who prefer listening that way it might represent a solution. When I have a chance I'll try it wired and Bluetooth, expecting if it works it'll only be in wired DAC mode.
Haven't tried it with DAC mode, but it didn't work over Bluetooth.

I'll have to try again now that I have Absolute Volume disabled.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #1,536 of 1,723
EE2D3852-4A6A-42B6-BCAA-2840038143BA.jpeg

Getting really close to some very beautiful separations and layers with this.

I think I am 90% there.

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #1,538 of 1,723
Nov 8, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #1,540 of 1,723
Why are you all butchering this beautiful bass? :) It's innocent, leave it alone.
There is no room for instruments to breath

Its all over the place. Dominating the whole stereo image and sucking all the energy away = smearing

With this EQ Im surprised how crisp it is and almost planar levels of details in the separations

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #1,541 of 1,723
Mine have room enough and music when bringing the lows down to the levels you did sounds to me like an old portable radio. Definitely doesn't reflect the way instruments sound live too.

Matter of taste I suppose. It's great that eq lets us modify the sound to our liking :)

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #1,542 of 1,723
Mine have room enough and music when bringing the lows down to the levels you did sounds to me like an old portable radio. Definitely doesn't reflect the way instruments sound live too.

Matter of taste I suppose. It's great that eq lets us modify the sound to our liking :)
Yeah my head is big so there are not much room, Im closer to the driver I guess.

To me the flat eq has too much congestion. Adding the ANC experience to this is only smearing the lowend for me

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #1,544 of 1,723
I have to say that it is not bad at all.
After listening to a couple songs, I really get the feeling of what you are trying to achieve here.
This might be the first suggested eq that i enjoyed.
Thanks. I appreciate you tried, and like it😊👍

I really like this EQ option, I place the headphone as high as my HE1000 Stealth so far. Different sound still but, I enjoy them at the same level.

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #1,545 of 1,723
Been waiting for someone to test the use of UAPP volume control with the Bathys in wired DAC mode.

I’m considering purchase of an Android based music only player but want to make sure UAPP will allow volume control with the Bathy’s connected in wired DAC mode as opposed to the fixed max volume output most devices deliver through their digital out.

Would really appreciate verification that this works with UAPP!

Thanks,

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back