Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Mar 16, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #1,053 of 1,723
Could someone please share the change log? Cannot find it anywhere
There's this in the Play Store, but it only says "dynamic EQ" and "sidetone setting". And the latter probably means hearing your own voice in phone calls (nice addition, had to use the transparency mode for that before).
Screenshot_20230316_190126_com.android.vending.jpg

Mar 16, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #1,055 of 1,723
Dynamic is better than the the other settings or what I could get with the EQ. The midrange is more present and the headphone are better balanced in dynamic setting. I still feel there is quite a lot of room for improvement in the midrange, but it is a decent improvement compared to where they were.

No LDAC in this firmware update, which is not surprising as something that big would have been in the release notes.

Mar 16, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #1,057 of 1,723
I love the sound signature of the Bathys. It's more fun and 'commercial' if that makes sense, not analytical and I like it. They're my on the go headphones so I just want fun listening.

How do they compare to your LCD-2?

Mar 16, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #1,061 of 1,723
The Dynamic EQ setting doesn’t appear to be implemented on my version of the Android app - at least on Android 13. The sidetone option is there but appears to default back to “off” after selecting it. The app dark mode looks quite good, it’ll suit when I want to turn Bathys leds to ‘off’ lol. The current presets are carried over to the new App which is welcome, but if you want to access the new Dynamic EQ option you have to remove all existing app data and settings (by deleting and reinstalling the app I guess). My initial early listening impressions are the sound for both BT and wired mode, especially wired mode, is better with this update - my comparison reference is the Clear MG with Forza cables and Questyle M15 DAC - and this new update brings Bathy‘s sound closer to these IMO. I’m expect the measurements gang will have more on this front. All in all, a progressive update but Bathys still needs (and has room for) better ANC and LDAC implementations.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #1,063 of 1,723
The Dynamic EQ setting doesn’t appear to be implemented on my version of the Android app - at least on Android 13. The sidetone option is there but appears to default back to “off” after selecting it. The app dark mode looks quite good, it’ll suit when I want to turn Bathys leds to ‘off’ lol. @CasualListener000
would you mind sharing screenshots showing Dynamic EQ on Sony Android? The current presets are carried over to the new App which is welcome. My initial early listening impressions are the sound for both BT and wired mode, especially wired mode, is better with this update - my comparison reference is the Clear MG with Forza cables and Questyle M15 DAC - and this new update brings Bathy‘s sound closer to these IMO. I’m expect the measurements gang will have more on this front. All in all, a progressive update but Bathys still needs (and has room for) better ANC and LDAC implementations.
what is the sidetone option? it's not in the iOS version.

Mar 16, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #1,065 of 1,723
The Dynamic EQ setting doesn’t appear to be implemented on my version of the Android app - at least on Android 13. The sidetone option is there but appears to default back to “off” after selecting it. The app dark mode looks quite good, it’ll suit when I want to turn Bathys leds to ‘off’ lol. The current presets are carried over to the new App which is welcome, but if you want to access the new Dynamic EQ option you have to remove all existing app data and settings (by deleting and reinstalling the app I guess). My initial early listening impressions are the sound for both BT and wired mode, especially wired mode, is better with this update - my comparison reference is the Clear MG with Forza cables and Questyle M15 DAC - and this new update brings Bathy‘s sound closer to these IMO. I’m expect the measurements gang will have more on this front. All in all, a progressive update but Bathys still needs (and has room for) better ANC and LDAC implementations.
Here is what Dynamic EQ looks like in iOS

1679004659039.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back