Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
May 7, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #1,711 of 1,723
I've ordered two pairs of silver (6N or "sterling") USB-C cables from AliExpress, just for the Bathys in DAC mode. I have one already, and the flexibility is amazing - and totally non-microphonic. More reactions to come after I get the second.
Mind Sharing the link? I would like to have a more flexible cable for mine as well.

May 8, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #1,712 of 1,723
May 11, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #1,713 of 1,723
Is it me or are the Dune Bathys one of the best looking headphones you can buy? Certainly of the ANC headphones nothing comes close imo. It also makes me wish Focal would do a white full sized headphone, maybe a special edition Stellia or Stellia 2?

focal-bathys-dune.jpg

May 12, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #1,715 of 1,723
Is it me or are the Dune Bathys one of the best looking headphones you can buy? Certainly of the ANC headphones nothing comes close imo. It also makes me wish Focal would do a white full sized headphone, maybe a special edition Stellia or Stellia 2?

focal-bathys-dune.jpg
It looks absolutely beautiful, but as you've seen on these pages, many seems to wish to protect the good looks by applying various (and to me often strange looking) protection bands. So essentially what are the looks worth, if you're hiding them? (My Stella's looks really gorgeous (too me) after being used for a couple of years, but I am not sure it would have been so vintage looking if it were a white version) :smile_phones:

May 12, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #1,717 of 1,723
It looks absolutely beautiful, but as you've seen on these pages, many seems to wish to protect the good looks by applying various (and to me often strange looking) protection bands. So essentially what are the looks worth, if you're hiding them? (My Stella's looks really gorgeous (too me) after being used for a couple of years, but I am not sure it would have been so vintage looking if it were a white version) :smile_phones:
It's the big blunder of Focal to make the headbands suede, both the Clear's discolour and this certainly will. I get it, from a business perspective it kills the used market, fair enough. But as a material in contact with hair oils and the elements suede is just terrible. I have no idea what they were thinking, it is a shame as the headphone is absolutely stunning

May 13, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #1,718 of 1,723
The bigger blunder was not making the headbands replaceable once they get stained. The ear pads for a Clear OG are about $100, which is absurd (but I have a set on order from an $80 advance sale).

May 14, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #1,719 of 1,723
Hi all, when using dac mode and plugged into my iPad, the app won’t connect? I presume because it disables Bluetooth? But does it still use your customised sound and eq? Or does it bypass everything?
Yes, when connected using DAC (wired) the app can't see the phones. I would expect the last profile saved would be used unless Focus uses a direct mode with DAC mode,

May 14, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #1,720 of 1,723
The settings are saved to the phone. The app does not have to be open in any context for the settings to be implemented.

May 19, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #1,723 of 1,723
For that dune headband protector, do you know if its washable? I currently just use a random cotton headband and just hand wash it every so often.
I’m sure its possible, it was just cotton/elastic with a zipper, maybe skip the dryer and let it air dry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back