flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Aug 14, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #35,161 of 39,414
Aug 14, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #35,163 of 39,414
6 weeks to two years full recovery.

it's still less time than the time needed to stop being a full time head-fier addict

get well , bro.

Aug 14, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #35,164 of 39,414
it's still less time than the time needed to stop being a full time head-fier addict

get well , bro.
Dam...you got that right.... Hello, my name is Steve and i'm an addict.....

Aug 15, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #35,165 of 39,414
Well back from stay in hospital. Supposed to be 1 night, turned out to be 4! One was self enforced as they had not booked transport in time.
Welcome back to the asylum David!

Aug 15, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #35,166 of 39,414
Hey guys! I reckon a lot of people in this thread not subscribed to the Softears thread might dig this IEM, so I'm posting about it here too. Here is my review of Softears RSV. It's a 5BA reference style IEM from Softears, which is Moondrop's sister brand. I had a great time testing and writing the review, especially when A/B testing it with some of my favourite IEMs around the price range and above, for the comparisons section. You'll see comparisons with Moondrop S8, Moondrop A8, Craft Ears Four, Craft Ears Six, CustomArt Fibae7 and ItsFit Fusion. If you want me to write comparisons with any other IEM I've reviewed in the past, feel free to let me know and I'll add those comparisons in too. Happy reading! :D
Softears RSV Featured Image.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #35,168 of 39,414
Aug 15, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #35,169 of 39,414
PSX_20210815_124043.jpg
Some interesting listens coming up this week. A nice change from the higher-end stuff, and who knows, maybe some gems in the rough these?

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on both of these, I'm loving my Isa - now my go-to for more chilled vocals and ambient. I've been curious also as to how IE300 compare to IE900.

Aug 15, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #35,170 of 39,414
is there any cable maker in Europe that does cables/pins fixes ?

i have a cable with bend pins and may need at some point to fix them

anyone ?

Aug 15, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #35,171 of 39,414
Hey guys! I reckon a lot of people in this thread not subscribed to the Softears thread might dig this IEM, so I'm posting about it here too. Here is my review of Softears RSV. It's a 5BA reference style IEM from Softears, which is Moondrop's sister brand. I had a great time testing and writing the review, especially when A/B testing it with some of my favourite IEMs around the price range and above, for the comparisons section. You'll see comparisons with Moondrop S8, Moondrop A8, Craft Ears Four, Craft Ears Six, CustomArt Fibae7 and ItsFit Fusion. If you want me to write comparisons with any other IEM I've reviewed in the past, feel free to let me know and I'll add those comparisons in too. Happy reading! :D
Great review. I’m also writing one for these right now and I concur with most of your findings. Personally, I think what @Softears have done with 5 BAs is nothing short of extraordinary. The bass is pretty much perfectly tuned for my preferences. So much so that I have to keep reminding myself that it’s not being handled by a dynamic driver. I have yet to hear a better sounding IEM in this price bracket. Hell, I’d even take the RSV over many well-respected IEMs in higher price brackets. Very, very impressed by the two @Softears IEMs I’ve heard so far.

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #35,173 of 39,414
Loving this stack!

7A1543AB-F0AB-4511-90D4-6ADCB34E70F7.jpeg

Nice! I do the same except with the bird :wink:

Enjoying this on Apple music. Just incredible stage, depth, and instrument realism.

img3622.jpg

Aug 16, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #35,174 of 39,414
Softears RSV Featured Image.jpg
Great review. Despite the price difference's do you have a comparison versus the Andromeda 2020? Since, ya know, that whole 5BA thing and all.

Aug 17, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #35,175 of 39,414
Great review. Despite the price difference's do you have a comparison versus the Andromeda 2020? Since, ya know, that whole 5BA thing and all.
Hey, thanks! Haha. Even though I'm not one to focus too much on the driver count when writing comparisons, yeah I know, I've received quite a few messages to add a comparison with Andromeda in there because of its popularity. I had tried the 2020 Andromeda a couple of months back but have the pre-2020 one with me now. In the larger picture, a comparison of either Andromedas with RSV should translate 'similar-ish-ly' to the other since Andromedas and RSV sound substantially different and Andromedas themselves are more similar than different. For now, I'll add a comparison with the pre-2020 Andromeda tonight as I have it on hand for proper A/B. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back