FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 5, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #5,551 of 7,931
  These arrived after being ordered on Black Friday   Using them as is without any customized filters.  Sounds pretty darn good already.

The instructions are in Chinese.

Guess I need to go back to some early reviews that gave all the skinny on how to set these up.

I have forgotten what the more popular set up configurations are.  More to follow.

yeah red grey gold is one of the most popular configuration (fun sounding and could fit many music genres), other would be black grey/clear gunmetal (more neutral sounding).

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #5,554 of 7,931
Im running red grey gold right now and its glorious. Just a tad bit more airy LF then the black LF. Get some 24bit Radiohead albums you'll be amazed. I received my FLC8s last week and been through the grey grey gun setup but as of now the red is it and I'm fully blown away by the forward mids of the golden nozzle. Havent heard anything like it before in IEMs.

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #5,555 of 7,931
I am experiencing driver flex with the red filters on. Is there any way to reduce that? And is there any long term effect of this on the drivers? I am using red-grey-gold combination. The sound is fantastic. But I fear for the driver flex.

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #5,556 of 7,931
  I am experiencing driver flex with the red filters on. Is there any way to reduce that? And is there any long term effect of this on the drivers? I am using red-grey-gold combination. The sound is fantastic. But I fear for the driver flex.

That's normal. It's because the red ULF filter has no hole and the subbass port is blocked completely. Just insert them very carefully to reduce them. I've had countless driver flexes, mine still sounds beautiful.

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #5,558 of 7,931
  Thanks. But somewhere I read that it's not good for drivers in lorng run. I do carefully insert them.

Foam tips can reduce this as they seal more gradually than silicone tips, making the pressure equilibrate more slowly.  Using gray instead of red sub-bass plug will also help. Mild flex isn't likely to cause any long term harm, I believe Forrest himself has actually commented to that effect on this thread.

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #5,559 of 7,931
  Foam tips can reduce this as they seal more gradually than silicone tips, making the pressure equilibrate more slowly.  Using gray instead of red sub-bass plug will also help. Mild flex isn't likely to cause any long term harm, I believe Forrest himself has actually commented to that effect on this thread.

Ok then, I will tolerate little bit of driver flex. I use foam tips although they are not that easy to put on and off. So using spinfits for now and I like the red filter than the grey one. Anyway thanks.

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #5,560 of 7,931
  Ok then, I will tolerate little bit of driver flex. I use foam tips although they are not that easy to put on and off. So using spinfits for now and I like the red filter than the grey one. Anyway thanks.

Those steps are about all you can do.  I have a little flex on occasion with the red sub bass.  Just insert them as slowly as possible to minimize pressure build up.  I really don't think you will have any problem.  Lots of dynamic and hybrid IEM's have this and may are much worse.  

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #5,561 of 7,931
So I have discovered that I like the sound best so far using my JVC Spiral Dots.  I ordered a new set of dots, some spinfits, and a comply clone that seems to get good reviews.   So we'll see what wins that shoot out.

Why be different?  Red-Grey-Gold so far.

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #5,563 of 7,931
Hi. I am curious does the FLC8S have a nice 3D soundstage? Does it feel as the sound surrounds you, at least the best and IEM could?

TIA

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #5,565 of 7,931
it's got a almost 360 degree soundstage laterally, but lacks in vertically and depth. But it's better than any ~300 universal iem out there

I concur on the soundstaging lacking depth and height but the Golden filter's mids just sucks you into the music and you'll forget about that slight nuance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back