FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Nov 12, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #5,361 of 7,931
  It would be nice if it was affordable, but then if Celeste is going to be TOTL level I guess price follows with that.

I thought the rumors were around double the price of FLC8S.  But that was likely before cost of production was really considered.  I would be really surprised if he can make them happen for under $700 considering the complexity.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the price in line with SE846/ie800/k3003.  It is all just speculation at this point.  So basically somewhere between $500-$2,000.

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #5,362 of 7,931
  I thought the rumors were around double the price of FLC8S.  But that was likely before cost of production was really considered.  I would be really surprised if he can make them happen for under $700 considering the complexity.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the price in line with SE846/ie800/k3003.  It is all just speculation at this point.  So basically somewhere between $500-$2,000.

well i guess if many iem are now in the outrageously (stupidly) priced category of $1500-2k, $800 should be considered still 'relatively affordable',i it is in this area...or even under 1k

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #5,363 of 7,931
Well, the good news is that flc8s still sounds great. Anyone who hasn't tried the grey/clear/gun blue(black) should definitely give it a go. On another note, it would be nice if Forrest supplied flc8s and future Celeste to major vendors around the world, so people can audition them first. I don't think I can ever buy something that is TOTL level without auditioning them first.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #5,365 of 7,931
Will they be fine for using in gym too?

Given their less-than-ergonomic shape, and right-angled nozzles, I would say no. They might fall out with excessive movement given their small size.

But then again I'd only use sweatproof IEMs for gym use, like the A+D D2.

But then again I don't go to the gym. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #5,366 of 7,931

Given their less-than-ergonomic shape, and right-angled nozzles, I would say no. They might fall out with excessive movement given their small size.

But then again I'd only use sweatproof IEMs for gym use, like the A+D D2.

But then again I don't go to the gym. 
biggrin.gif

Will they be fine for using in gym too?

Purely on weight, they're fine. Been for a light jog with them. One of the better sets I have in that regard, in fact. Isolation isn't terrible either, as far as they go.

But they're not sweatproof and have many full of small holes and openings by design. For a similar reason, they're not good for cycling (fast enough = wind noise, if not already windy). I wouldn't risk a ~$330 item on something its clearly not designed for. 

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #5,367 of 7,931
Purely on weight, they're fine. Been for a light jog with them. One of the better sets I have in that regard, in fact. Isolation isn't terrible either, as far as they go.

But they're not sweatproof and have many full of small holes and openings by design. For a similar reason, they're not good for cycling (fast enough = wind noise, if not already windy). I wouldn't risk a ~$330 item on something its clearly not designed for. 
yeah true thanks

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #5,368 of 7,931

and don't forget about the microphonics cable~
might be annoying sometimes despite it performs well on sound department

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #5,369 of 7,931
Can you guys recommend a good cable for FLC8S. I don't like the stock cable because of its springiness and microphonics. LMUE has a single crystal silver upgrade cable. There is only one review of this upgrade cable on twister6 review. Can someone tell me is it good enough?

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #5,370 of 7,931
  Can you guys recommend a good cable for FLC8S. I don't like the stock cable because of its springiness and microphonics. LMUE has a single crystal silver upgrade cable. There is only one review of this upgrade cable on twister6 review. Can someone tell me is it good enough?

I've heard good things about the Null Audio cables... but I ordered mine over 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped so not sure if I'd really recommend them unless you are really patient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back