FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #5,236 of 7,931
  I'm pretty sure I have a good seal, I'm using the biggest silicon tip (yes, I do have a big ear hole), and I can barely heard the sound from outside. I might have a broken one? 

Just sharing, the spinfit works like a champ to my ears in terms of isolation.
Another recommended tips is the el cheapo monoprice tips; it's so thin, flexible and soft, very similar to ortofon tips.

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #5,237 of 7,931
Try smaller tips if they fit well. In my experience if the tips are slowly coming out of your ears over a short period of time, it's too big for you.

I agree. I think often people use tips that are actually too large, thinking it will seal better. A smaller tip often allows a more secure and deeper seal. I try to go as small as possible and it works well and stays put.

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #5,238 of 7,931
I agree. I think often people use tips that are actually too large, thinking it will seal better. A smaller tip often allows a more secure and deeper seal. I try to go as small as possible and it works well and stays put.

Yep, if you have really small ears, try finding xsml sizes. Works really well for me, did not know for years until I've gave them a try a few months ago.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #5,239 of 7,931
  Yep, if you have really small ears, try finding xsml sizes. Works really well for me, did not know for years until I've gave them a try a few months ago.

I've always had fun with my right ear. Medium fits left ear no problem... I can't ever seem to find the best tip for my right ear and foam is a pain if you have to pull them out all the time (work) 

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #5,243 of 7,931
http://thecustomart.com/shop/silicone-products/custom-iem-tips/

Peter is a great guy top, very active in the DIY portion of the head-fi community. If you have any questions or need any help he's awesome to work with, wish everyone was as good as him

Thanks, I know Peter, great guy. I didn't get you're talking about custom tips. I own these for Etymotics. I wanted to make these for my FLC and talked to Peter once. He suggested that custom tips won't stay on because FLC's nozzle is a regular tube with no stop on it's end. So I ended with spiral dots.

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #5,244 of 7,931
http://thecustomart.com/shop/silicone-products/custom-iem-tips/

Peter is a great guy top, very active in the DIY portion of the head-fi community. If you have any questions or need any help he's awesome to work with, wish everyone was as good as him

Interesting. So you get the standard impressions done the same way you would for a full CIEM and they make just the tips out of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back