FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 22, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #3,256 of 7,931
How do you guys get the 100% white background?

Several of the reviewers have posted that they use some style light box. Some have made their own but you can get a decent one on ebay for a good price. I'm sure someone will give you more when they read your post:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #3,257 of 7,931
  How do you guys get the 100% white background?

Its kind of off-topic but I'll explain quickly.

You need:

1. Cheap light box
  2. Decent camera (preferably with manual mode)
  3. Decent flash that can pivot upwards (for bounce flash)
  4. My secret trick to lighting quickly is an LED Bar Light

The secret to getting a white background is flooding the tent with light, either by bouncing a flash of the roof quickly Or, for the photo we've been speaking about recently flooding the light tent with the LED bar light. The more light you can get into the light box, the better results and the less editing required at the end with photoshop (which almost all photos need a little touch up)

I was sick and tired of using outside lighting shining in the sides of the tent which never get the best result.

So I bought this rechargeable light bar I flood into the tent. (lights it up like heaven)

No other lighting, no cables, plugs, just get the photo setup, shine that light into the tent close to the subject with one hand and BAM take the shot with my Canon G16 in the other.

Little editing at the end.

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #3,259 of 7,931

Lightbox, as partly seen in the first picture.

Ah, so the powder mystery is solved. Stand down on the order to call the Politzei out
eek.gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #3,260 of 7,931
Ah, so the powder mystery is solved. Stand down on the order to call the Politzei out
eek.gif

Yeah, 500 grammes of pure quality stuff, mate. They're storing probably hundreds of kilogrammes of it in the supermarket. Good for baking (or getting baked? Probably not so healthy to inhale, smoke or inject that stuff, but swallowing it doesn't cause any harm at all), you can make good brownies with it. 
wink.gif

And the best part is that here in Germany, it costs around/less than €1 per kilogramme. 
blink.gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #3,261 of 7,931

Yeah, 500 grammes of pure quality stuff, mate. They're storing probably hundreds of kilogrammes of it in the supermarket. Good for baking (or getting baked? Probably not so healthy to inhale, smoke or inject that stuff, but swallowing it doesn't cause any harm at all), you can make good brownies with it. 
wink.gif

And the best part is that here in Germany, it costs around/less than €1 per kilogramme. 
blink.gif

I was just hoping you were baking up some Kirschenmichel, Kirsch Torte or maybe Leipzig Larks
tongue_smile.gif
I miss the days of being stationed in Germany, awesome country and awesome food
biggrin.gif

Prosit
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #3,264 of 7,931
Apr 22, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #3,265 of 7,931

Are those bullet shells?

Yeah, shell casings from shot blank ammo from 10 or so years back when I thought it was cool shooting firework projectiles on New Year's eve with a blank gun. Polished one, sanded the other and halfway sanded and then polished the the third, removed the popped green cap.

I made the arrangement for this photo:

I needed to be careful not to breathe too heavily in order to decrease the danger of getting the wheat flour into the gear or in-ears.

If I have the time for it, I probably make another one with the FLC8s. 
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #3,266 of 7,931
Just received my FLC8S today. The standard config was way too bright for me. |joker|'s config was still too bright.

So I tried blue nozzle, grey bass and red sub bass - they turned into LCD2.2s and I'm loving them to bits :D

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #3,267 of 7,931
  Just received my FLC8S today. The standard config was way too bright for me. |joker|'s config was still too bright.

So I tried blue nozzle, grey bass and red sub bass - they turned into LCD2.2s and I'm loving them to bits :D

I love the fact they have so many options and then like your favored set it shows we do all hear just a little differently. I still think the FLC8s is a lot of iem for the money
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #3,268 of 7,931

I love the fact they have so many options and then like your favored set it shows we do all hear just a little differently. I still think the FLC8s is a lot of iem for the money
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
 Cheers to that!

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #3,270 of 7,931

turned into LCD2.2s :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back