Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 24, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #661 of 3,098

I pledged for the Pro and I asked for three pairs of ear tips of the same size. I'm not sure if they did or didn't announce it at all but if you check the main comments section, it was pretty full of requests of changing sizes… as for your beliefs, I'm sure a lot were surprised but also surely not most. I'm also pretty sure most who would notice any announcements about this would notice the aforementioned main comments section. I'm serious when I say there were quite a bit of requests. 

The point is that normally this kind of choice is informed in an announcement or in the survey. Not in the comments section.

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #662 of 3,098
  The point is that normally this kind of choice is informed in an announcement or in the survey. Not in the comments section.

My point is that this isn't directly part of the package. It's more of a business wanting to provide extra service only when required. It's similar to quality assurance. A business assumes the consumer will be satisfied with their product so they don't feel the need to tell them that the business offers free repairs, that somewhat implies a possibly faulty product. When asked if they do offer such repairs, the business would then mention it. Slightly different but similar enough. 

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #663 of 3,098
Which tips do they use ... the TX200 or a different model.

The compatibility chart on the tip website doesn't list Flare yet

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #664 of 3,098

My point is that this isn't directly part of the package. It's more of a business wanting to provide extra service only when required. It's similar to quality assurance. A business assumes the consumer will be satisfied with their product so they don't feel the need to tell them that the business offers free repairs, that somewhat implies a possibly faulty product. When asked if they do offer such repairs, the business would then mention it. Slightly different but similar enough. 

I never saw a business model where you provides warranty and didnt inform the customer about it. But ok, this should be only a bad example.
But if this "service" was restricted to who asked for it in the comments section, then dont makes any sense to talk about it in an announce.

Jun 24, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #665 of 3,098

I pledged for the Pro and I asked for three pairs of ear tips of the same size. I'm not sure if they did or didn't announce it at all but if you check the main comments section, it was pretty full of requests of changing sizes… as for your beliefs, I'm sure a lot were surprised but also surely not most. I'm also pretty sure most who would notice any announcements about this would notice the aforementioned main comments section. I'm serious when I say there were quite a bit of requests. 

Mine was initially assumed it was all M sized for Pro until I asked Naomi, luckily enough.

Jun 24, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #666 of 3,098
  Which tips do they use ... the TX200 or a different model.

The compatibility chart on the tip website doesn't list Flare yet

Copy-and-paste:

Martin Sabrowski about 2 hours ago

The specific comply model used can be found in the technical specifications in the campaign description. Choosing sizes was never part of the campaign. Its something they decided to do when ppl asked for it.

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #669 of 3,098
Damn, I have 400 tips. Not sure of the size diff though.

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #670 of 3,098
If you are returning your FlareAudio R2Pro, ship them to me instead, I pay full price provided that (you don't smoke and you don't have pets). No offense to pet-owners and smokers.
Damn I live in a cave the past few months, how did I missed this badass IEM kickstarter in the first place

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #671 of 3,098
I decided to pass on these during the kick start.  Just not convinced that a single micro-dynamic driver could deliver sound on par with or better than dual dynamics or hybrids. Of course I could be wrong and missed out on a spectacular deal.  Time will tell I guess... 

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #672 of 3,098
  I decided to pass on these during the kick start.  Just not convinced that a single micro-dynamic driver could deliver sound on par with or better than dual dynamics or hybrids. Of course I could be wrong and missed out on a spectacular deal.  Time will tell I guess... 

I have feeling that you missed out on a very good deal here..

one recent reviewer's remark:

"I don’t consider MrSpeakers Ether a vocalist’s dream headphone, again due to the lack of a very forward sound signature.  Also, compared to my Flare Audio R2Pro IEMs ($633) the Ether falls short of a concise, well-formed experience in the vocals.  Again, that substance factor I keep blabbing about just doesn’t compare to these Flare IEMs, which did that quality so well that I doubt any other headphone for some time will exceed it in the price tier of sub $1500 or so.   The Ether has loose edge work exactly like the Stax 007, lacking that realistic formation and solidity of voices and most instruments that the Stax 009 and the Flare IEMs have in droves…gosh that upsets me on a personal level because the overall clarity of the Ether is absolutely a bit better than the HD800 to my ears.  I consider the Ether one of the better neutral flagships out there, think polar opposite of the LCD3 in tone, but something similar in bass and mid quantity potential with some EQ, yet also with vastly superior treble to the LCD3."

This is somewhat unheard of.. comparing full sized planar vs tiny single micro-driver IEM and yet R2PRO came out on top and scored better. (8.8 vs 9.1)

http://headfonics.com/category/reviews/

Jun 24, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #674 of 3,098
Although I have a flare R2A on the way, if anyone doesn't like their R2Pro, instead of having to send it back I wouldn't mind buying it off someone at the KS price :)  Just hit me up, and if I don't pick it up for whatever reason, the hassle free 14 day return is a god send

Users who are viewing this thread

Back