Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 24, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #646 of 3,098
It has but I must of missed the bit where you had to specify size of tips?

Kickstarter

On their
Hello all,
I'm pleased to report that the funds are in our account and we have begun the shipping process!
Please note - if you have not contacted us about sizes of comply tips then I'm afraid it's too late as we have imported all shipping details into our UPS software.
You should all receive your rewards from the beginning of next week.....

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #648 of 3,098
It has but I must of missed the bit where you had to specify size of tips?

Kickstarter

On their
Hello all,
I'm pleased to report that the funds are in our account and we have begun the shipping process!
Please note - if you have not contacted us about sizes of comply tips then I'm afraid it's too late as we have imported all shipping details into our UPS software.
You should all receive your rewards from the beginning of next week.....

They're shipping mediums as standard with R2A and S, Pro's ship with M & L, but lots of people over on KS have been requesting other sizes...

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #649 of 3,098
Whilst I thought it was referenced in one of the previous updates, I know it was mentioned several times within the discussion section of the campaign. Several people queried about tip sizes and Flare have stated that medium tips will be shipped but if told beforehand, they could supply large or small instead.

Practically this will apply more to the r2a as the pro comes with all 3 tip sizes anyway.

Regards,

Ravi

Again for me at least its not about impatience, its about the rationale for not shipping a produce you already have manufactured when payment has already been procured by an intermediary. Anyways, its not really a big deal, I was just wondering the reason behind it.

Because that's the way they want to do it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #651 of 3,098
It' s not a major issue as I have large comply tips but would have been good to have new tips supplied in that size. I am right in saying these are iems that would take your standard tips like Sony/Ortofon/JVC/InEar?
I ordered and have some new large JVC spiral dot tips to use on the R2A's... if not then I will use on my Stagediver 3 (Haven't as of yet).

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #654 of 3,098
It' s not a major issue as I have large comply tips but would have been good to have new tips supplied in that size. I am right in saying these are iems that would take your standard tips like Sony/Ortofon/JVC/InEar?
I ordered and have some new large JVC spiral dot tips to use on the R2A's... if not then I will use on my Stagediver 3 (Haven't as of yet).

Yes it is the same. However, having tried them with the spiral dots I think the sonys would be a much better fit sonically :)

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #657 of 3,098
  As a consumer i thought that they made the simplest thing: the same size in every package
If different sizes were available, they should have asked for the comply size in the survey.

Presumably they wanted to have some extra differentiation between the R2A and Pro pledges so opted for just medium with the A and the 3 sizes with the Pro. 

That makes sense to me.  

Do you know that the mediums won't fit you?

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #658 of 3,098
WCDchee
Thanks mate. Glad it is that size so have a few options.

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #659 of 3,098

Presumably they wanted to have some extra differentiation between the R2A and Pro pledges so opted for just medium with the A and the 3 sizes with the Pro. 

That makes sense to me.  

Do you know that the mediums won't fit you?

I believe that almost everyone thought that the medium size was defined as the standard and i believe that a lot of people became surprised when they announced that they could change the size.
The worst part is that they announced that the size could be changed at the same time that they said that they wont change the size anymore.
Even who pledged for the Pro might prefer that they send three units of the same size.

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #660 of 3,098
  I believe that almost everyone thought that the medium size was defined as the standard and i believe that a lot of people became surprised when they announced that they could change the size.
The worst part is that they announced that the size could be changed at the same time that they said that they wont change the size anymore.
Even who pledged for the Pro might prefer that they send three units of the same size.

I pledged for the Pro and I asked for three pairs of ear tips of the same size. I'm not sure if they did or didn't announce it at all but if you check the main comments section, it was pretty full of requests of changing sizes… as for your beliefs, I'm sure a lot were surprised but also surely not most. I'm also pretty sure most who would notice any announcements about this would notice the aforementioned main comments section. I'm serious when I say there were quite a bit of requests. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back