FLAC Player for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
Apr 5, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #287 of 320
Wow this made it past a few pages? You guys must really love FLAC! 
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #288 of 320
Agree what's wrong with the native apple lossless

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #289 of 320
  Wow this made it past a few pages? You guys must really love FLAC! 
confused_face_2.gif

Actually it's a huge pain on iOS to get a simple music player that just works.
I've found none: all the music players are either just reskinned iTunes and can't work like a simple HDD (require stupid synchronization), or are some web3.0 bulls**t like Clouds and other buzzword stuff which noone needs in this particular app (instead of focusing on the core task - playing the godd*mn music from the godd*mn files in the godd*mn folders), or they are all weird funny-named alienating chinese software which constantly crashes and has illogical UI.
May even sell my iPhone in some future and resort to an Android device despite horrible design/usability/fonts.

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #290 of 320
Agree what's wrong with the native apple lossless

Nothing that I can tell, but most of my music is in FLAC already and I get most of my music in FLAC and I'm just lazy to convert. Also, x__x hate sorting music through itunes, even the select and drop on the apps section is better. 

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #291 of 320
  Actually it's a huge pain on iOS to get a simple music player that just works.
I've found none: all the music players are either just reskinned iTunes and can't work like a simple HDD (require stupid synchronization), or are some web3.0 bulls**t like Clouds and other buzzword stuff which noone needs in this particular app (instead of focusing on the core task - playing the godd*mn music from the godd*mn files in the godd*mn folders), or they are all weird funny-named alienating chinese software which constantly crashes and has illogical UI.
May even sell my iPhone in some future and resort to an Android device despite horrible design/usability/fonts.

I've been using Ampliflac for a while now and found it to be hassle free and the folder system is usable.

I'm moving my portable music listening away the iphone, though, because of the lack of expandable storage and I'm stuck with a 16gb model. I'm just going to get a cheap DAP and some microSDs and an inexpensive but good portable amp for IEMs. 

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #292 of 320
  I've been using Ampliflac for a while now and found it to be hassle free and the folder system is usable.

I'm moving my portable music listening away the iphone, though, because of the lack of expandable storage and I'm stuck with a 16gb model. I'm just going to get a cheap DAP and some microSDs and an inexpensive but good portable amp for IEMs. 

I just don't like the design and especially the fonts in the Ampliflac. It's kinda retro styled.
I might have as well written my own iOS app but I doubt much people would buy it. Who needs it anyway... Lots of similar software out there.

I sold my HM901 and moved away from DAPs to iPhone sandwitches. Currently I'm giving a try to HRT Microstreamer and maybe Resonessance Herus.
Audiophilia has proven itself to be a constant source of frustration in my case.
Maybe because I was using numerous weird chinese DAPs (astell & kern is too much for me), maybe because I'm sick of iPhone audio players and fighting with the "you don't need it in Apple world" attitude.

Maybe I'll have to return to the DAP world again.
Because I really like my iPhone.
It's just not a hacker device and not a geek device anymore.
It's just good at making calls, texting, taking photos, etc...
Or I'll write my own flac player.
"If you want something to be done right - you have to do it yourself"

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #293 of 320
I just don't like the design and especially the fonts in the Ampliflac. It's kinda retro styled.
I might have as well written my own iOS app but I doubt much people would buy it. Who needs it anyway... Lots of similar software out there.

I sold my HM901 and moved away from DAPs to iPhone sandwitches. Currently I'm giving a try to HRT Microstreamer and maybe Resonessance Herus.
Audiophilia has proven itself to be a constant source of frustration in my case.
Maybe because I was using numerous weird chinese DAPs (astell & kern is too much for me), maybe because I'm sick of iPhone audio players and fighting with the "you don't need it in Apple world" attitude.

Maybe I'll have to return to the DAP world again.
Because I really like my iPhone.
It's just not a hacker device and not a geek device anymore.
It's just good at making calls, texting, taking photos, etc...
Or I'll write my own flac player.
"If you want something to be done right - you have to do it yourself"

I've converted my whole music collection into flac and stored it on a NAS. Using iMazing to transfer flac files to my iPhone's document folders of the respective music app. Tried them all... Neutron, Onkyo HD player, capriccio, KaiserTone... All play music sub folders. Haven't had the need for any external amps or DSP etc. I like the simplicity of the iPhone 6 plus with any of these apps driving my Westone UMpro 50 from its headphones output.

Jan 16, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #295 of 320
I've converted my whole music collection into flac and stored it on a NAS. Using iMazing to transfer flac files to my iPhone's document folders of the respective music app. Tried them all... Neutron, Onkyo HD player, capriccio, KaiserTone... All play music sub folders. Haven't had the need for any external amps or DSP etc. I like the simplicity of the iPhone 6 plus with any of these apps driving my Westone UMpro 50 from its headphones output.

Ok :)  Best FREE and PAID FLAC players 2016 as per you? - Especially with Folders :)

Hi,
Does anyone know of an "audiophile" music player (possibly free) that supports replaygain playback for the iphone?

Thanks!!

That should be interesting to see as a feature.  

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #298 of 320
Flacplayer also supports replaygain (within the settings).

Whenever I use FLAC player app and transfer songs over file-sharing the album tracks aren't shown in correct order.

How exactly are you making it work for you? At first I thought I needed to number the tracks 01,02,03 etc but it doesn't seem to work.

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #299 of 320
I just click add and off they go.

Once out of 50 albums i might have track trouble and album art has to added right.

But mixing of tracks? No.

Macbook pro and ipod touch

Flacplayer by Dan Leehr

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #300 of 320
I just click add and off they go.

Once out of 50 albums i might have track trouble and album art has to added right.

But mixing of tracks? No.

Macbook pro and ipod touch

Flacplayer by Dan Leehr

Alright, I was using the wrong app, I had (FLAC Player+). I believe it should work now.

I have it working well with VLC Media player app so stick with that.

Thanks for chiming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back