Fixing a surged Yamaha RX-V592
Oct 6, 2007 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sharkz

500+ Head-Fier
This is a shot in the dark, but I figured I would give it a try. My dad had a Yamaha RX-V592 receiver that worked fine until it was recently fried by an electrical surge due to a lighting strike. I would like to try to fix it, but was wondering where a good place to start would be. I guess what I mainly want to know is if there is a weak spot that might have been fried (and if it is easy to replace). If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them, I would really rather fix this receiver up than junk it.

Oct 7, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 4
Anyone have any suggestions for me? I really would like to fix this receiver instead of junking it.

Oct 7, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 4
This is just a guess but since I assume you have no issues with opening it up, did you check to see if there are any fuses in the power supply and if so what condition they're in?

Oct 7, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 4
Once you open the hood I would look at the power supply first for a scorched transformer,capacitors,etc....I feel your pain dude ! I had a Luxman preamp and Lightening killed it--it was not repairable.I almost cried..now it's very difficult to find that certain model and I cant afford to replace it.Good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back