FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Oct 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #1,158 of 4,896
Quote:
Last month before the 334s and Miracles were delivered, I bought a pair of Westone UM3X to take on my vacation. Used them on the planes out and back, a total of
30 hours. I figured I could use them as back up and besides got an excellent deal on them. After returning home, and packing for another trip, yup....left on them on the last plane. I did not realize it till 3 weeks later because I came home to the UMs AND the FT!.... I tell myself that 3 plane changes and a total of 28 hours traveling its not a hard error to make. I filed a lost report  hahahaha, you know the answer already....I still feel like an idiot never the less
I feel your pain.

Now I'm feeling better, thanks for the comfort, lol.

if it were the UM3x's, would have felt much less painful though

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #1,159 of 4,896
I have tried comply T500 with my 334 and they now sound just like a improved version of W4 (more realistic vocal and more bottom-end, thicker sounding), which I love a lot. They are not as clear and aggressive as the stock foam (I actually found 334 a bit too aggressive sounding with the stock foam although they don't have harsh highs). Overall they are a bit warmer sounding and the vocals are a bit muffled (in a good way imo) which made it more forgiving and easy to listen to. That's what I want, an direct upgrade from my beloved W4.

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #1,160 of 4,896
Quote:
I have tried comply T500 with my 334 and they now sound just like a improved version of W4 (more realistic vocal and more bottom-end, thicker sounding), which I love a lot. They are not as clear and aggressive as the stock foam (I actually found 334 a bit too aggressive sounding with the stock foam although they don't have harsh highs). Overall they are a bit warmer sounding and the vocals are a bit muffled (in a good way imo) which made it more forgiving and easy to listen to. That's what I want, an direct upgrade from my beloved W4.

Great news~!
gs1000.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #1,161 of 4,896
Quote:
What's bad about the hybrids?

They hybrids opening is really small and constricts the sound stage. I'm sure there are people who don't care about sound staging but that is a very important aspect for me. Even on the EX series is has a noticeable effect on the sound staging. Making it more narrow (sound artificial this way to my ears). I use V-moda bass tips on my MDR-7550s and prefer it that way. More open and dynamic.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #1,162 of 4,896
See, this is why tips is such a subjective topic for each individual listener. It's so unpredictable what's going to work for one person, and not for others. The Hybrids are the exact opposite for me, giving the biggest, most detailed, most spacious sound of any tip I've tried, including stock ones included with the TG!334's.... despite their smaller opening.

The Radioshack Auvio tips were noted as particularly good recently, and I think that's about the only other one I haven't tried yet. I will have to find my Auvios somewhere, and try them as well. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #1,163 of 4,896
Quote:
See, this is why tips is such a subjective topic for each individual listener. It's so unpredictable what's going to work for one person, and not for others. The Hybrids are the exact opposite for me, giving the biggest, most detailed, most spacious sound of any tip I've tried, including stock ones included with the TG!334's.... despite their smaller opening.

The Radioshack Auvio tips were noted as particularly good recently, and I think that's about the only other one I haven't tried yet. I will have to find my Auvios somewhere, and try them as well. 

If I'm being lazy sorry...which Hybrids? Are these the Sony that have to be adapted?

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #1,164 of 4,896
I want to report that the impedence adaptor that I bought from ebay to supress the hiss is an absolute crab device. Yes it did it job very very well, it cuts off all hiss, even the worst source of hiss (my laptop) becomes dead silent.. but ... it supress also the bass and treble and make the vocal sound hollow. In an exaggerated way, it sound like placing a cup to your ear, the bass was depress down and treble (already very little) sound dull. If you want to make your $1400 IEM sound like $100, this may be the best solution.

Throw into the garbage can within 3 mins... crab.

Sorry for ranting..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETYMOTIC-ER4P-TO-ER4S-RESISTOR-ADAPTOR-3-5MM-PLUG-/290372905689

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #1,166 of 4,896
Quote:
If I'm being lazy sorry...which Hybrids? Are these the Sony that have to be adapted?

Sony Hybrid tips with the color coded cores, yes. They don't have to be adapted at all. They fit like they're made for the Fitears, as is (well you have to wiggle them down onto the nozzle, but it's not hard at all).

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #1,168 of 4,896
Quote:

yeah, its ok, No need to return as I was the one who wants to try it in the first place..

What impedance did you get? I found going too high (75) kills the sound. On my Studio V I have a 30 Ohm adapter and that pretty much gets rid of all hiss while having a minor effect on the music compared to the 75 adapter. I still do honestly prefer not using it though but it's not so bad where it kills the sound like 75 ohms does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back