FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Aug 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #646 of 4,896
I had another quick listen today at Fujiya Avic to the 334 (and the fitear111 and Edition 8).

They had about 6 IEMs of the Fitear brand there to try, but I only had time for the 111 and 334.

334 certainly do have extended bass, they are very clear and detailed, comfortable in the ears, although a bit chunky in the housing for my tastes.

As I wrote in the 111 thread, If they could make a fitear somewhere between the 111 and 334 I would be sold (perhaps one of the others on display would fit the bill).

Nice phones.

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #647 of 4,896
I have owned the FitEars for about 2 weeks now, what I love is the big, balanced sound. You see I mostly listen to my stereo and full-size headphones. Portable audio has always sounded thin and dull to me but I listen to it all the time because you know, sometimes you gotta get out of the car. When I replaced my SE530s with the TG334s it felt like I achieved dynamic sound without giving up BM detail.

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I would say the TG334s can rock hard on a well-recorded progressive rock track. OK so they have extended bass but R&R needs that to make the drums pop. Obviously these earphones have a carefully selected sound signature that may not be 100% accurate but is very pleasing. My only complaints are the stiff microphonic cables which I hope will be corrected after I receive the new ALO cables I ordered.

BTW I am listening on HM-801 with FLAC tracks recorded from my 2000-CD collection of Japanese imports.

Definitely interested to hear more about your Alo cables. I had no chance with the 000s. :mad:

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #648 of 4,896
Quote:
The 300$ cable they offer is just that - a 300$ cable. It's parts bill is actually quite expensive. Even the regular cable is expensive. The straight plug alone costs almost 10$ and that is just one part. An engineer here went over it with me and we concluded that they aren't making the same profit as are some companies on their cables. Too expensive? I agree, but not in the snake oil level as some competitors.

I'm not sure which cable you were referring to but the parts can be quite expensive. I used that silver wire in my B22 project and it runs like, $20 a foot and the ALO cable uses 8 feet.

Yes I cringed when I bought them but it's like my 400HP sports car, I already know that every year I'm going to be shelling out another grand on a set of tires that will get 15,000 miles if I'm lucky.

Now I own these $1350 IEMs and the cables are going to break every few years and I'm planning to replace them with cables of equal or better quality.

The ALO cables will arrive in the mail tomorrow and I am happy to review them on the thread that made me buy the Fitears in the first place.

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #649 of 4,896
Help please.

After reading all of your comments about the 334's I would love to have them.
I will use them 99% on airplanes. My question is will they fit so that I can rest my head (ear) against the cushion and on flights where I am lucky enough to have a reclining seat, lay down on my side with my ear resting on a pillow or the head rest?

Right now I am using Shure SE535's which do not have a small footprint. They took some getting used to and now in almost any position they feel comfortable.

Any and all comments are welcomed.

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #651 of 4,896
Help please.

I will use them 99% on planes. My question is will they fit so that I can rest my head (ear) against the cushion and on flights where I am lucky enough to have a reclining seat, lay down on my side with my ear resting on a pillow or the head rest?

Right now I am using Shure SE535's which do not have a small footprint. They took some getting used to and now in almost any position they feel comfortable.

The 334 definitely sits out more than my SE535s. The body is a lot bigger and that explains why.

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #652 of 4,896
Quote:
Help please.

I will use them 99% on airplanes. My question is will they fit so that I can rest my head (ear) against the cushion and on flights where I am lucky enough to have a reclining seat, lay down on my side with my ear resting on a pillow or the head rest?

Yes, they're quite large. I have yet to go on a flight with them, but I would think if you're using a soft enough pillow that you could somewhat rest the side of you head against it. They don't hurt in the ears at all, and even if I press on them a little the seal doesn't get broken. So hopefully they'll be good for travel....

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #653 of 4,896
Quote:
Help please.

Recently got 334 and went on the 6 hours flight with it.  I'll say that it definitely won't fit comfortably with the cushion. This thing is hugh and sticking out more than my previous Westone 4R but not as much as TF10. 

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #654 of 4,896
I'm actually very impressed with the isolation for the 334s. They're perhaps the largest earphones I have that fits right out of the box. Hope the size is not putting people off from purchasing them. I like them more than my custom fit ES5s for comfort. :)

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #655 of 4,896
I like their comfort more than my customs too. I've never been able to get totally comfortable with a hard acrylic earphone totally filling up my ear canal. I much prefer the lighter pressure of a universal tip just lightly sealed in place. I think the size of the 334's acrylic shell, as well as how solid it is and stuffed with drivers, helps a lot with blocking noise even though it's a universal....

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #656 of 4,896
I like their comfort more than my customs too. I've never been able to get totally comfortable with a hard acrylic earphone totally filling up my ear canal. I much prefer the lighter pressure of a universal tip just lightly sealed in place. I think the size of the 334's acrylic shell, as well as how solid it is and stuffed with drivers, helps a lot with blocking noise even though it's a universal....

Actually that was the reason I gotten them in the first place. My ears just won't accustom to the customs even with vinyl tips. I still feel universals are more comfortable. But still... The 335DW tempts me. :p

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #657 of 4,896
Thank you all.....I'm going to pass. I looked at a straight on pic of someone with the 334's in their ear and they seem to be sticking out too far for me.
I actually have a pair on hold, asked if I could just try the fit (not use) when I received them, and if the fit did not work return and the answer was no, no returns of IEM.
That's the sales policy and I respect that.

I'm going to try the AKG 3003. The physical size and the overall positive impressions I've read hear (LOL sorry couldn't help it) make them worth a try.

BTW, its from this site and you folks that I learned how to enhance my enjoyment listening to music. I've used the Shure's 530 and now 535's with
The Hornet amp, along with some very good cables for about the last 6 years. Thank you!!!!!!

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #658 of 4,896
Quote:
Actually that was the reason I gotten them in the first place. My ears just won't accustom to the customs even with vinyl tips. I still feel universals are more comfortable. But still... The 335DW tempts me.
tongue.gif

Yes, me too. I'll be watching what initial impressions seem to be like once they're released. But I hope that the extra bass doesn't in any way hinder the wonderful midrange clarity. That's one thing which strikes me the most about the TG!334, and is something which I wouldn't dream of compromising at all... even being the bass fanatic I am. 

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #659 of 4,896
Quote:
I'm actually very impressed with the isolation for the 334s. They're perhaps the largest earphones I have that fits right out of the box. Hope the size is not putting people off from purchasing them. I like them more than my custom fit ES5s for comfort.
smily_headphones1.gif

As another ES5 user, I find that interesting. I don't find CIEMs to be especially comfortable. I might like the 334s...

(The metal-tipped FAD Piano Fortes may be the most comfortable headphones that I have ever worn, full-sized or IEM, so I perhaps am not 'typical'.)

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #660 of 4,896
As another ES5 user, I find that interesting. I don't find CIEMs to be especially comfortable. I might like the 334s...

(The metal-tipped FAD Piano Fortes may be the most comfortable headphones that I have ever worn, full-sized or IEM, so I perhaps am not 'typical'.)

As much as I want to believe that CIEMs are the end for comfort and sound, it's proven time and time again to be otherwise for me. Perhaps the ES5s have deeper insertions, but I don't find the vinyl tips to be especially helpful. I'm even irked at it for turning yellow.

The 334s fits better than the SE535s for my ears. I'm thinking there must be something wrong with my ears. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back