FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Oct 17, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #3,061 of 4,896
  please give the parterre some time to grow on you, instead of just listening to it and expecting the wow factor

Yes, I will do so. The parterre will arrive at least 1 month sooner than the 334.

Keep both, if you can.

These two have very different sound capabilities. The Parterre shines with classical, live, orchestra music. The TG334 is better at pop, rock etc - all my views are in my opinion and to my ears. 

If I could only keep one, my choice would be the TG334 - due to the fact that it is a better all rounder.

I would like to keep them both if I can, but I also need the money for something else (like a Fitear CIEM? :D)

I mostly listen to New Age, Jazz and Vocal. According to what you guys talking about them, I think both of the inear will do the job pretty well. I would spend some time with them and then let my ears make the decision :wink:.

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #3,062 of 4,896
now that time has passed, any secret tips to tighten the bass with whatever combo of sources or unicorn powder?
it's my favorite universal but sometimes it would really make my day to get a more dampened/speed feeling to the bass.

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #3,065 of 4,896
  now that time has passed, any secret tips to tighten the bass with whatever combo of sources or unicorn powder?
it's my favorite universal but sometimes it would really make my day to get a more dampened/speed feeling to the bass.

Cables can help. Try the Twag V3 from Whiplash.

Oct 20, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #3,066 of 4,896

Try some impedance adaptor, dirt cheap but the result is night and day (whether it's good or not is a subjective matter). 

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #3,067 of 4,896
Oct 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #3,068 of 4,896
thank you guys,
so on paper the best solution would indeed be a low impedance source (+low ohm cable if needed) and a source's signature a little light on bass to get better control and no increase in bass quantity at the same time. (I say that from the impedance graph on Rin Choi's blog).
but my attempt with the X3 (0.3ohm max and EQ -3db in bass) was ... well not great. not great to the point that the X3 was the worst pairing I tried (minus sony's HO giving free white noise 24/7).

I'm giving back Mr Suyama's loan 
frown.gif
(noooooo togo! Y U NO STAY MOAARRRR????) and can't decide if I buy one. as Mimouille and Space Cowboy already suggested me, I seem to be looking for a 335 (mimouille je te deteste), but there is no way to get one in france, arrrrghhhhhh.......

why did I ask to try those IEMs? why????? ignorance is bliss.

Oct 20, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #3,070 of 4,896
^ Yes that's pretty much what the adaptor does. By increasing impedance the damping is also increased at the same time, thus lowering unnecessary movement of the moving rod inside the BA resulting in cleaner and faster decay bass and crisper highs (this's just an overall description of the effect, how the resulting sound is perceived varies with different IEMs). 

The X3 is not a bass light source to begin  with so you might want to take a look at something else.

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #3,073 of 4,896
TBH I dismissed increasing impedance because if it would mean slower and uncontrolled bass. even if that's not a dynamic driver I'm not a fan of this idea. that said I didn't try. 
there are also adapters to decrease impedance. I don't know how they really work but I guess they must use the R*R/(R+R)= R/2 idea, with the same resistors in parallel.(but then dividing current for an IEM doesn't seem like the greatest idea).

edit: just tried the most idiotic impedance mismatch with the 334 right out of a hifimedy dac (dunno about the impedance output of that thing but usually dacs are above 100ohm).  and if it's too much of everything in a very bad way (Jesus wouldn't do that), it does as advertised. I might have taken the problem the wrong way, lower bass does sound tighter-ish.
but here (stupid extreme situation) the signature is damaged beyond repair in the medium and trebles I couldn't save the poor 334 with parametric EQ.

well at least I know I can play with this if I decide to buy one. thanks .
reasons to buy one: +1

(and now I want to get some W4 just to see if I can really get the mids back with impedance ^_^.)

Quote:
Do bear in mind if you get the 335 that it is even more bassy than 334 even if the bass is tighter. But also there is now a new improved modded version for the 335 which makes it more tempting.

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA I can't hear you.

I thought the 335 had only tighter bass and more trebles, not more bass. anyway more or less bass I still can't get one.
"it will be mine, oh yes! it will be mine"

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #3,074 of 4,896
TBH I dismissed increasing impedance because if it would mean slower and uncontrolled bass

Sorry I don't get this. Even Rin confirmed that adding a 33ohm resistor will tame the bass by a fair amount (and you already checked his blog?).

Oct 21, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #3,075 of 4,896
What specific impedance adapters do you guys recommend? That are decent in build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back