FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
May 1, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #736 of 768

do u hear any rock music? and what brand do u use for the solid silver cable? is it good for rock music?

Sorry I cannot advise you on rock music. I can say that the Parterre is not ideally suited for rock. It is well suited for acoustic recordings especially classical and jazz. I should have mentioned in my comment about using the Parterre with Spinfits; the results might depend on your specific ear anatomy. Everyone has different ears and Spinfits might work for some people with the Parterre. The main thing is you do not want to use any tip that causes deep insertion with your ears. The design of the Parterre uses a horn which does not like deep insertion.

I have listened to some classic rock with the Parterre and it's good but for that I have iem's like the 846 that are better suited to rock.

May 1, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #737 of 768
  Yes the spinfits kill it. I use the JVC Spiral Dot and they work perfectly for me. I also use a solid silver cable. 

+1 on the Spiral Dots.  Great fit, and transparent, allowing the full SQ of the Parterres to play through.

May 1, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #738 of 768

+1 on the Spiral Dots.  Great fit, and transparent, allowing the full SQ of the Parterres to play through.

Yes we agree on the Spiral Dots as a good match for the Parterre. The funny thing is I have read some comments that the Parterre is bass light but with the Spiral Dots I don't find that true at all. I think the Parterre has plenty of bass and a slightly warm midrange which is very involving. I think the comments about the bass are from people who don't understand how these work. If you use tips that insert too far it will really mess up the bass on the Parterre. The Spiral Dots seal perfectly for me and I can barely feel them in my ears.

May 1, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #739 of 768
  Yes we agree on the Spiral Dots as a good match for the Parterre. The funny thing is I have read some comments that the Parterre is bass light but with the Spiral Dots I don't find that true at all. I think the Parterre has plenty of bass and a slightly warm midrange which is very involving. I think the comments about the bass are from people who don't understand how these work. If you use tips that insert too far it will really mess up the bass on the Parterre. The Spiral Dots seal perfectly for me and I can barely feel them in my ears.

Agreed!  What I've done to maximize fit is to push them in my ear slightly past the fit point, then pull them out slightly to get max seal.  Bass is not overwhelming, but well balanced with the mids and highs.

May 1, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #740 of 768
I've always kind of liked how deep in the canal the Parterre sits with their shape.  Will have to try out a shallower fit and see how it goes.  I use the large Ortofon tips.

May 1, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #741 of 768
  I've always kind of liked how deep in the canal the Parterre sits with their shape.  Will have to try out a shallower fit and see how it goes.  I use the large Ortofon tips.

I've always felt that the large Ortofons are not as large as other companies' large size.  A shallower fit may not work as well with those.

May 1, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #742 of 768

I agree with the other comment. The Ortofon tips are much smaller than others. I bought the "large" Ortofon to try and was surprised to find that they were the equal of any other companies medium size. You can try a lighter insertion with them but it may not work because of how small those are. It is important the you have a seal the issue with the Parterre is to go as shallow as possible and still have the seal. If the tips you are using require a deep insertion to seal you should try other tips.

May 5, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #743 of 768
Hey everyone I just put a new Parterre up for sale in the FS section. The link to the ad, with photos, is in my signature.

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #745 of 768
  Can anyone confirm the number of ba drivers? I know the 334 as four but not sure about the parterre. 

Unfortunately Fitear chose to keep that a secret. They didn't want people to be influenced by the number of drivers only the sound. I have read comments where some owner shined a light at his Parterre and said he saw two drivers. This was never confirmed. I own the Parterre among other iem's and I can say whatever the drivers it is a fine iem particularly well suited for acoustic and classical music. I have read on the Singapore forums that the reason the Parterre does not need many drivers is because it is using a horn, kind of like a horn tweeter, which makes it somewhat unique and requires fewer drivers. I own iem's at twice the price and I can say the Parterre is not embarased by them although not their equal overall.

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #746 of 768
  Unfortunately Fitear chose to keep that a secret. They didn't want people to be influenced by the number of drivers only the sound. I have read comments where some owner shined a light at his Parterre and said he saw two drivers. This was never confirmed. I own the Parterre among other iem's and I can say whatever the drivers it is a fine iem particularly well suited for acoustic and classical music. I have read on the Singapore forums that the reason the Parterre does not need many drivers is because it is using a horn, kind of like a horn tweeter, which makes it somewhat unique and requires fewer drivers. I own iem's at twice the price and I can say the Parterre is not embarased by them although not their equal overall.

Wow there are universal iem costing twice as much. I thought the parterre were considered to be one of the best universal iem in the market even at the price point. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #747 of 768
  Wow there are universal iem costing twice as much. I thought the parterre were considered to be one of the best universal iem in the market even at the price point. 

I had shone a light into it and saw 2 that looks like those dual-driver assembly from Sonion. The Parterres body are made with the translucent blue acrylic common with the TG334 that you can actually see the innards without too much hassle. I really wanted to know more info about the fitear offerings - the new Aya and fitear fitear are 3D printed, which means they are completely solid-colored and you won't be able to see the innards even under a spotlight.

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #748 of 768

I would consider it to be one of the best but depending on where you buy yours the street price is around  $1000 and yes today there are iem's on the market at nearly twice that price. My comments were really just to point out that at higher prices you may get an incremental improvement on a very high quality front end but it is marginal.  Like most things in high end the difference between equipment at 1K and 2K is often a 10-15% improvement. Then it gets down to what elements in the sound signature of each please you. Just because one product costs more than another doesn't guarantee a better listening experience for you.

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #749 of 768
Kinda late to the game, but I'll be getting a Parterre sometime next week! Quite stoked as I've always wanted a good BA UF IEM to complement my IE800......which I love to death!
wink_face.gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #750 of 768
  Kinda late to the game, but I'll be getting a Parterre sometime next week! Quite stoked as I've always wanted a good BA UF IEM to complement my IE800......which I love to death!
wink_face.gif

Congratulations on your new purchase! I will be very interested in your impressions. I recently had an offer to sell my Parterre and in the end I couldn't part with them. I still find them extremely enjoyable. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back