Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13, 5:K10, 4:BD4.2, 3:A12, 2:W500, 1:SE5U)
Jul 29, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #196 of 1,062
Looking forward to the next review, Jelt.  May I offer a suggestion?  "Fit for a Dap", the ultimate Dap-off.  Daps should be able to fit into a pocket IMO to be considered portable.

Sony ZX2
Ak240ss
Ak380
Calyx M
Acoustic Research M2
Cowon P1
Hifiman 901
Fiio X7
etc

After you've finished your CIEM reviews of course. =P  Patiently waiting for the next review.  My A12's will be in tomorrow, what songs/binaural audio do you suggest I put them to the test with?

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #199 of 1,062
Lol:joy::joy::joy:..goodluck on "fit Dap" part..ak keep on rasing the ceiling for dap price.

Im thinking there are some daps in the $800-1000 range that are just as good as the ak380, people just don't realize it.  Jelt's golden ears can surely tell us which is best.

Jul 29, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #200 of 1,062
I really hope all the TOTL debates didn't take the wind from Jelt's sails... As of this post, it's been 24 days since his last review in this thread! I bet the delay is completely justified, like work or life events coming up, but I for one am really looking forward to the next installment!

Jul 29, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #201 of 1,062
I really hope all the TOTL debates didn't take the wind from Jelt's sails... As of this post, it's been 24 days since his last review in this thread! I bet the delay is completely justified, like work or life events coming up, but I for one am really looking forward to the next installment!

Add me to your comments. I get some people disagreeing, but really how many people actually own that many TOTL iems to disagree to hear another iem may be better. I get their frustration, specially after making such a big investment. But I like these reviews and feel they are objective. Keep them coming!

Jul 29, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #202 of 1,062
#8 Clear Tune Monitors CT-6E Elite

#7 CustomArt Harmony 8 Pro

#6 Jerry Harvey Audio JH13 Pro FreqPhase

#5 Noble Audio Kaiser 10

#4 Lear Audio LCM BD4.2

1964Ears | Adel A12

Advanced AcousticWerkes AAW W500 AHMorph (Dynamic Driver + BA Hybrid)

Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate

Jul 29, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #203 of 1,062

Im thinking there are some daps in the $800-1000 range that are just as good as the ak380, people just don't realize it.  Jelt's golden ears can surely tell us which is best.

thinking, or hoping?  I have not heard the 380, so I will not guess.  I think that once you rule out the bad players, there is a 'you get what you pay for' ranking that holds pretty much true among the top-shelf daps.  

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #204 of 1,062

Ha! Nice, you've been counting! Well, if I wasn't ready for comments or debates I wouldn't post in a forum :)

Work got in the way- it's peak period all of a sudden. Next installment coming soon...

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #205 of 1,062
  Looking forward to the next review, Jelt.  May I offer a suggestion?  "Fit for a Dap", the ultimate Dap-off.  Daps should be able to fit into a pocket IMO to be considered portable.

Sony ZX2
Ak240ss
Ak380
Calyx M
Acoustic Research M2
Cowon P1
Hifiman 901
Fiio X7
etc

After you've finished your CIEM reviews of course. =P  Patiently waiting for the next review.  My A12's will be in tomorrow, what songs/binaural audio do you suggest I put them to the test with?

I have one comparison coming, but it's a DAC/Amp-off. Only two in there, actually:

Alo Continental Dual Mono
Chord Hugo

Depending on how it goes I may do more. Doing source comparisons is actually easier than IEMs!

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #206 of 1,062
Add me to your comments. I get some people disagreeing, but really how many people actually own that many TOTL iems to disagree to hear another iem may be better. I get their frustration, specially after making such a big investment. But I like these reviews and feel they are objective. Keep them coming!

Thank you my friend! :)

Jul 30, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #207 of 1,062
Originally Posted by jelt2359 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have one comparison coming, but it's a DAC/Amp-off. Only two in there, actually:

Chord Hugo

Depending on how it goes I may do more. Doing source comparisons is actually easier than IEMs!

Were the CIEMs given as review samples or did you pay for all of them? Would be good to have that disclosure.

Jul 30, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #209 of 1,062

Chord Hugo

Oooh, I for one would be mighty interested in this comparison (and in how they pair, actually). Really looking forward to this one!
No pressure, though.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back