Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Jun 28, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #1,966 of 2,161
IF you're looking for clarity with a little bass hump, you might look into the PFE232's.  Can find them used in the $350 price range, but used to be $599 retail.  Otherwise, the K3003 is my go-to for this signature; solid bass, great clarity.  
But as mentioned, the DN2000 or DN2000J (haven't heard the J personally) are the closest to the K3003 at half the price.  I would have to second the suggestion, as the PFE232's are sometimes considered too cold for some people.

HOWEVER, the FAD Heaven VIII has vocals unmatched by any phone I've ever heard, and the soundstage is also equally unmatched.  It fails at a cold, clear bass, but the bass still manages to help drive the music...

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #1,967 of 2,161
  IF you're looking for clarity with a little bass hump, you might look into the PFE232's.  Can find them used in the $350 price range, but used to be $599 retail.  Otherwise, the K3003 is my go-to for this signature; solid bass, great clarity.  
But as mentioned, the DN2000 or DN2000J (haven't heard the J personally) are the closest to the K3003 at half the price.  I would have to second the suggestion, as the PFE232's are sometimes considered too cold for some people.

HOWEVER, the FAD Heaven VIII has vocals unmatched by any phone I've ever heard, and the soundstage is also equally unmatched.  It fails at a cold, clear bass, but the bass still manages to help drive the music...

Agree for the most part, just a side note if you wanted the PFE232's expect vocal recession without the right source! 

Jun 28, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #1,968 of 2,161
At higher Volumes the Sound is toooo harsh, the Vocals are ronnakly not right for me, it is too Harsh and a bit veiled and replay lifeless.

I love Birtghtness, the more highs I get the more I'm Happy, but this Rapture is really fatiguing my Ears.

It is not musical for me, im searching for the Rhythm, I can't find it.

And there is not much Bass, coming from Triple Fi. Subbass is not like my Triples, I don't hear it so clearly..

I'm not feeling it Guys, what is going on, wasn't it the strength?

Sum up, I'm missing really Real sounding Vocals (Lush), Bass (Subbass most, Mid Bass Kick & I'm not a Basshead!!!!), Soundstage it is not really wide and I miss the Space between the Instruments..)

I want to clear out, that is criticizing on the Highest Level!

Now the Positive things:

There is really much Treble, !!!IMPORTANT!!! - YOUR MUSIC FILES SHOULD BE 320KBPS or FLAC, OTHERWISE YOUR MUSIC WOLL SOUND LIKE BROKEN GLASS !!!!

When you have good Music you get a lot of Details and a Really Outstanding Seperation, I think better than Triple Fis!

-----

I have to search for other In Ears now, but where I can start????

Jun 29, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #1,969 of 2,161
I don't agree the rhapsody rapture sounds great with almost everything if I compare them with the westone um3x they sound garbage.

They are revealing and bright but not flat or cold, they are fun to listen to , you don't need flac or very good recordings to make them sound right and they are a beast technically.

Jun 30, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #1,970 of 2,161
I have a disease in the left most and right, which causes the Vacuum and not gives a seal, I think.

I got Cortisol Cream and I have to put it now for 7 days, NO Music listening is ALLOWED ;'((((.....

I will tell you my Impression again when it is all healed, I HOPE so.

And Guys I bought a Triple Fi 10 for 180€ in my City and could test it before it really was hurting!!

They sit better, but later the Vacuum came back, so I went to the doctor and they give me the bad results..

But The Triple Fi did a lot better, The best was the Subbass and Mid Bass and the Better Control of the Highs.

The Fischer had DEFINETLY muuuch more treble and I oeronsally found it really fatiguing and too Harsh, like it is forcing to give you the best Details but it cause pains.

They have exactly same Vocals presentation, some said Triple Fis are in the Back, the Fischers Mids are in the Back too, but the Triple Fi got the real natural and sometimes more intimate Sound.

Buuut, now the Positives of the Fischers, the Soundstage was muuch wider, the Instrument Separation was really out of class, but it was overall to Bright for example Green Day - Broken Dreams, there are soo many Guitar Plays, the Triple Fi did not get harsh where the Fischer get hot and I did not feel the Music.

I wait, when I get a muuuch better Seal, I hope so, if it will be better, but the Impression is made as I got for 5 mins best Seal.

See you later guys...

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #1,972 of 2,161
Thanks for the reply although I think I will be putting up my Fischers for sale. If anybody is interested let me know.

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #1,973 of 2,161
  Thanks for the reply although I think I will be putting up my Fischers for sale. If anybody is interested let me know.

I can barely afford to eat so I can't make you an offer Cecala.  If you are giving them away though, I'll take them off your hands.  LOL 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,974 of 2,161
Just played around a little bit listening to some test tracks on YouTube and the sub-bass on my FA-3E gets lower and cleaner than on my Momentum Over the Ears.  According to one track, they got down to 3Hz.  Is that normal?  Is that even right? 

Jul 2, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #1,976 of 2,161
Just played around a little bit listening to some test tracks on YouTube and the sub-bass on my FA-3E gets lower and cleaner than on my Momentum Over the Ears.  According to one track, they got down to 3Hz.  Is that normal?  Is that even right? 

I guess that's a sound artifact. They shouldn't reproduce that and you shouldn't hear it.

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #1,979 of 2,161
  I posted here a long time ago that I emailed FA about upgrading an old version FA-4 E XB. Turns out they gave me a deal I could not refuse: what I have here now is a green shell Rhapsody 4, upgraded for a very reasonable fee. Now this is what I call superb customer service :) It took me a while to start listening to them though as I had an ear canal infection (yeah, nice timing indeed), but I can now say it was worth the wait.

This is a clearer, wider soundstage version of the FA-4 E XB with much better bass-to-mids transition. The main problem with FA-4 E XB in my opinion was that the boosted bass overshadowed the mids a little. The midrange clarity suffered. That´s fixed now. My guess would be that this is the new crossover in action. The new shell also has a very nice lacquer finish too, along with a new cable. Very comfortable as always. I´ll post more later...

Waiting for your post mate 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back