Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Jun 24, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #1,951 of 2,161
Guys incredible my Amp C&C BH2 from China came to me in 2 !!! Days!

At the moment I have the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore DX200.

I will test this Beast of amp with th Great 30€ In Ears, which sound like over 200€!!!

I will write than a quick Impression of this Amp.

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #1,953 of 2,161
C&C BH2 is good. It's very good with some less sensitive iems. To me the pot has some imbalance issues on lower volumes which makes FA-4E XB sound a bit uneven. The upper mids struggle and are a bit less defined and textured than something more forward. Overall a bit laid back amp. The bass presentation is a bit sloppy compared to my Apex Glacier. The LF means bass gets a boost and treble gets sharp, mostly the higher register. The SF gives a sense of space but mostly adds quantities of upper mids. It's fun for a song or two. But if you like natural sounding iems or cans, the BH is best left with both off. The Out2 has an impedance of 100 ohms. Making some iems sound good, others crap. There is also some kind of other mumbo jumbo going on. Like a crossfeed and boosted upper mids/treble. There is a difference between out1 with 100 ohms added and out2. Anyway. Not to burst your bubble but BH2 is good. It's just not THAT good.

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #1,955 of 2,161
At the moment I'm testing the Rhapsody 4 - Rapture

I will tell you my impression about the Sound later guys.

At the moment I have a bit pain if I wear them for 10 min.

I have big Ears, the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10*, was perfect in Fit and many couldn't get the seal.

I never had problems with In Ears..

The Problem is, the Shell is pressing a bit too hard, I have to look, im a bit unsure at the moment...

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #1,960 of 2,161
I don't know guys...

My Ears hurting, but this is not the only Problem.

I had Triple Fi 10, then lost it and used Zero Audio Carbo Tenore.

I'm not warming up with the Fischers.

Sometimes it gets me & sometimes everything is to Bright, like Glass.

They really have Power and Vibrations, where I finding myself tapping on the floor.

I often want more Details in the Vocals, they are for me a bit distant.

And No, I'm not a Vocal Head and I don't need Vocal Forward In Ears!

I missed that in the Triple Fi's too, but I think Stage and Details it was more like a 3D Feeling with the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10.

I don't know, but the most thing is the Struggle with the Fit, it hurts when it m warring it more than 10 min, like it is really sucking in my Ear...

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #1,961 of 2,161
It's a matter of taste I guess, these sound very bright but they are not bass light at all, they just put so much detail and separation, everything is so crystal clear... that maybe you prefer something warmer more mid-centric with less highs and more bass.

I listen to a lot of different music genres and love em the 95% of the time but the first week or so I thought they were bright maybe too much for my taste.

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #1,962 of 2,161
I'm really desperated, cuz I was waiting 1 Year for the Fischers and I thought I would fall from the Chair, but it is not how I Expected, maybe I Expected too much and I want soo much an In Ear where I get a really WOW Effetct.

I loved the Triple Fi, the Perfect Isolation & Comfort and how they sounded, Cold & Really Detailed, with Great Separation & a Wide Stage.

-----------

I don't think that I need a really warm In Ear, it would sound muddy for me.
I need more Shining Vocals and a bit more wider Stage.

------------

What do u think guys, Which In Ears could to this in this Price Range, maybe a bit more expensive?

Jun 27, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #1,963 of 2,161
Ask FA to exchange the rhapsody for the FA 4e XB i think they will fit better your taste...other options are stagediver sd3, jvc fx850(poor isolation though) or something by dunu or tpeos...don't know much because I'm not looking for iems at the moment...other option is to save some cash for the 700 euros earsonics velvet. But in my opinion these rhapsody have a serious wow factor, never heard an iem technically as impressive as the rhapsody rapture.

Jun 27, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #1,964 of 2,161
I'm really desperated, cuz I was waiting 1 Year for the Fischers and I thought I would fall from the Chair, but it is not how I Expected, maybe I Expected too much and I want soo much an In Ear where I get a really WOW Effetct.

I loved the Triple Fi, the Perfect Isolation & Comfort and how they sounded, Cold & Really Detailed, with Great Separation & a Wide Stage.

What do u think guys, Which In Ears could to this in this Price Range, maybe a bit more expensive?

TripleFi,

I understand your pain.....

In the past five years I have unsucessfully tried to replace my beloved TripleFi that I used exclusively out of an Ipod Touch and Iphone 6.

First, I tried the UE900 which were beautiful to look at but sounded muffled in a direct comparison with the TripleFis. They also lacked in the bass and treble department.

Then, I tried  the JVC FX850, which sounded too bassy and lacked in the clarity department........

One month later I tried the Westone 6 which were the most comfty earphones I have tried. The sound was good, however, they did not match the TF10s clarity........
The same day I tried the AKG 3001 and they were AMAZING, however, the lack of rmovable cable was a deal breaker..........

Enter the SE846 which I HATED!!, they were beautiful, the rolex of all earphones, but they were too mid-centric, rolled-off treble and a little uncomfortable .....

Finally, I tried the Sony Z5 which were nice, good sond overall, however, they were not very efficient out of an Iphone, and the mids sounded recessed to my ears.....
On top of that, in a direct comparison with the TF10s.... they did not sound as clear........
The fit with the ear hangers was akward..... too.

There are some earphones that I would like to try..... the JH Angies or the new Noble...... but......

I think I will end up purchasing my second pair of TF10s...... :)

TripleFi,

Please read....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/309321/ultimate-ears-triple-fi-10-thread/9315#post_11722498

Jun 27, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #1,965 of 2,161
Oh my gosh please do yourself a favor and try any of the following: 

Fidue A83; Removeable cable good clarity, plump bass nice vocals 

Dunu 2000 or 2000J; Great price range, just as much clarity as the Triple fi easily, very easy to drive, no removable cable though :frowning2:

Trinity Audio Delta; Not sure yet as haven't heard them but I am sure they will be superb!  

The Triple fi were my first true pair of audiophile earphones and I remember them well, from the expansive soundstage to the copious detail. One of my biggest regrets was selling them. Since then I have tried a fair amount of earphones, though some haven't come close the aforementioned are a few that are overachievers in there price range.

Hope that helps a little really liked the FA-4 XB just needed cleaning up a bit mids were recessed, there was a touch of bass bleed, a lack of realism to the bass and could have done with a hair more clarity. I am literally being as critical as possible as they were really good earphones just mentioning the few reasons that lead me to sell. My Dunu 2000 replaced them quite nicely only thing I miss is the soundstage and comfort with the Westone star tips ( Which are a bloody pain in the ass to get on, but so worth it! )   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back