Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Mar 3, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #1,891 of 2,161
Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)]  [/color]
Thank you for your help. I've bought the FA-4XB today. I can test the headphones on the weekend.

Someone uses the headphones with a sony z3 compact smartphone?

Mar 11, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #1,892 of 2,161
Code:
[color=rgb(33,33,33)]

[/color]

Thank you for your help. I've bought the FA-4XB today. I can test the headphones on the weekend.

Someone uses the headphones with a sony z3 compact smartphone?

Please report on the sound quality out of your smartphone. My LG G3 really sucks. Very noisy source with sparkling present while bass is playing. Sounds awful. So bad I don't use my FA-XB 4E anymore unless I plug them into my Glacier. Which is not very often. Plus the phone senses the cable as a remote and pauses when the cable is rotated. Which is a pain in the... Btw the cable is a 93spec and not original but had the same problem with the original for a while with my ASG-2.

Did not have any problems with galaxy S4.

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #1,894 of 2,161
Hey guys just took some pics of my new rhapsody 4, also took a picture of the new cable... so here it is the whole package 
smily_headphones1.gif

As I've stated before these sound similar to the new fa 4e (new mid driver and crossover) but less bassy similar sub bass though, brighter treble and more detailed, a bit wider stage also but since it passed two months whithouth listening to the old version can go into further impressions.

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #1,896 of 2,161
Hey guys just took some pics of my new rhapsody 4, also took a picture of the new cable... so here it is the whole package :) .

As I've stated before these sound similar to the new fa 4e (new mid driver and crossover) but less bassy similar sub bass though, brighter treble and more detailed, a bit wider stage also but since it passed two months whithouth listening to the old version can go into further impressions.

It sounds like the old model would cater more to my tastes. How do they compare in terms of build quality?

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #1,898 of 2,161
Sure I wait 2 months time to enjoy them before the 5 drivers version is released hehe, about faceplate colours Jochen Fischer gave me this options: Royal blue, light blue, green, red, lightgreen,grey, light grey, purple, light purple and black opaque.

Yes as you can see the build quality is miles away from the fischer amps previous model :)

I would say these are more balanced, with a brighter signature and better detail but they share the same improved mids of the fa4e latest release (new mid driver and crossover) just less bass quantity but certainly more bass than my ex1000 and sony mh1c and loads of rumble when required, drums have similar weight and kick but due the crystal clear sound and the treble extension you can hear details not present in the old fa 4e but less punch overall

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #1,899 of 2,161
Nice, they look better than the old fa 4's. With the increased treble, is there any sibilance? So would you say this is more balanced overall than the original as its mids were slightly recessed? Cheers for the impressions. Oh btw is this model available to buy now?

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #1,900 of 2,161
These two months I've been listening mostly to the sony ex1000 and I was very pleased so maybe  my circunstances are not the most apropiated to say anything about sibilances hehe but treble is maybe as present as is in the sony ex1000....to me these rhapsody sound super and I don't find the treble piercing at all but they are very bright sounding.

I think treble heads will like em, maybe these are more bright sounding with punchy bass than balanced but I also find the mids similar to the fa 4e with the new mid-driver crossover, so the mids are more vivid, clear and with higher resolution than the original fa 4e :) I think the most evident differences are that these are less bassy with more detail and treble presence.

I think the new model is not in online stores yet :frowning2:

Last edit: after two days of brain burning I'm simply loving these iems just turn the gain of your amp and get similar bass impact as your old fa 4e only with higher resolution, clarity and super non sibilant treble response :cool:

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #1,901 of 2,161
Hey guys look where the high driver is in these rhapsody from what I see the mid driver is bigger than the old one which had the mid and the high drivers above the two bass drivers and this mid driver is at least as big as the two old drivers.

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #1,902 of 2,161
Do you know whether this is the new standard design for the final model or if this is only the design of the demo unit? Im curious because at least one FA-4 E XB demo model had the same looks with transparent body with red/blue rings for red/left indication and a translucent purple faceplate.

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #1,903 of 2,161
I think this will be the design for the rhapsody series, in the receipt of the reparation I received said updrage to rhapsody series but maybe they still improve the design and the sound before the commercial release.

Can you compare the shure 846 a bit vs the new fa 4e? I'm curious how they handle, thanks.

Mar 30, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #1,904 of 2,161
Both have a different tonality (as you already know my impressions of the FA-4E XB which I posted some time ago in this thread, I won't repeat them).
The Bass extension of the SE846 begins in the midbass and raises towards the lower bass. The implementation of that emphasis is pretty well made as the emphasis rises very smoothly. Upper bass is free of any emphasis. Lower highs are recessed, upper highs are also a tiny bit recessed (with the blue filters) but about right. With the white filters upper highs can be too sharp as the rise is very steep.
The Fischer's highs are more emphasised and also have got better extension above 10 kHz (the Shure's level above 10 kHz unfortunately rolls off too quickly causing a lack off subtle upper high sparkling).

Soundstage is wider on the FA-4E XB but the SE846 has got more depth and is better in presenting empty space between instruments.

Due to the moderately recessed presence area of the SE846 bad records and mistakes are not as audible as with the Fischer albeit the Shure has got better resolution.

Bass is incredibly fast and dry on the Shure, the Fischer has got slower bass due to the back-vented bass drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back