Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Jul 2, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #1,548 of 2,161
Greetings from Germany!!! :)

At First sorry for my Englisch, I loved to talk in Englisch at my School, but that was some years ago..

I have a question to Gilly87:

You said that the fall in the lower Highs darken & veileing the Vocals of woman, is that right so?, because I see that in the Graph too. (A Hole between 4-6 KHZ) <- Where High Vocals Shines..

I come from a Triple Fi 10, sometimes it was like I heared veiled Vocals, but I couldnt really tell what is missing.
Then I found out that the Triple Fi has a BIIIIG hole in the Mids, so I understood why the Mids weren't really shining & emotionless.

Will I hear a Improvement in the Mids from Triple Fi 10 to the Fischer amps, Man Vocals, like you guys told, are Full & detailed, but I prefer often more Woman vocals Like Adele or Lorde.

Do the Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB produce more "Goosebumps" like a Triple Fi, which not could really do that, because to Harsh Highs & recessed Mids.

I want to hear Woman Vocals clear, but not like SD2 or others, the Fischer's almost Sounds like you guys said, really attractive for me, but the negative Statement about the High Vocals, which sounds dark, shocked me..

I hope you can describe it better, what is really missing there & what is Going on with the BIG HOLE between 4-6 KHZ, do the Hole really affect the Sound?

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #1,551 of 2,161
Oh that is interesting to hear!

But, it is an allrounder I think, when there should be an intimacy than, you have to look for In Ears like Stagediver, these are almost made for Vocals..

Can u tell me, is there a huge distance between Instruments & Vocals, do the Vocals sound far away like Triple fi 10 oder UE900? Can u describe it?

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #1,552 of 2,161
  Oh that is interesting to hear!

But, it is an allrounder I think, when there should be an intimacy than, you have to look for In Ears like Stagediver, these are almost made for Vocals..

Can u tell me, is there a huge distance between Instruments & Vocals, do the Vocals sound far away like Triple fi 10 oder UE900? Can u describe it?

It is a great all rounder. I did have a look at the Stagedriver but the shape worries me although they have brought out a smaller version I believe. 

Now for the Amps no most certainly not there is no huge distance between instruments and vocals. But it's worth mentioning the reason I didn't like them as much is due to its lack of intimacy there is a slight dip even at first listen you wouldn't really notice . Time after time though I find myself missing that intimate presence. I want to highlight the attributes of these amazing iem's firstly timber is outstanding especially for a BA based iem also the soundstage can be very immersive and the bass is great fairly deep if not a tad bit artificial. I'm sure other will hear things differently and add there own impressions but I did have the triple fi some time ago and these are a step up by a fair margin the mids are not really recessed I would describe them as clear but laid back.  Hope this helps. 

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #1,553 of 2,161
  It is a great all rounder. I did have a look at the Stagedriver but the shape worries me although they have brought out a smaller version I believe. 

Now for the Amps no most certainly not there is no huge distance between instruments and vocals. But it's worth mentioning the reason I didn't like them as much is due to its lack of intimacy there is a slight dip even at first listen you wouldn't really notice . Time after time though I find myself missing that intimate presence. I want to highlight the attributes of these amazing iem's firstly timber is outstanding especially for a BA based iem also the soundstage can be very immersive and the bass is great fairly deep if not a tad bit artificial. I'm sure other will hear things differently and add there own impressions but I did have the triple fi some time ago and these are a step up by a fair margin the mids are not really recessed I would describe them as clear but laid back.  Hope this helps. 

I agree with the majority of dnun8086's post.  The mids to my ears are not recessed.  They are just not as up front as other IEMs.  I especially like the clarity, although I can understand how some find there is a lack of intimacy with vocals.

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #1,554 of 2,161
Hmm really interesting & for me understandable. 

One Question I have about the Triple Fi's.

'Cause I listened now 5 years with these In Ears & they impressed me every day. 

When I switch now from Triple to Fischer, do I hear the Dip in the Upper Middle?

Are the Vocals a bit darker in relation to Triple Fi's Vocals? Can u describe that for me, I think, this is an interesting point too, for me..

I heared often that Vocals sometimes lacked on the Triple Fi, compared to Fischer, Fischer should sound more detailed & forwarded  a bit like a Live Concert?

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #1,555 of 2,161
If they impressed you these 5 years the fa 4e xb were designed more or less like a much better triple fi 10 anyway gilly have both...i don't have them right now but have the highly regarded sony ex 1000 meanwhile and I miss the fa 4e so much for the price there are few things to complain about these iems also had the w40 these past days and much prefer the fischer amps

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #1,556 of 2,161
If they impressed you these 5 years the fa 4e xb were designed more or less like a much better triple fi 10 anyway gilly have both...i don't have them right now but have the highly regarded sony ex 1000 meanwhile and I miss the fa 4e so much for the price there are few things to complain about these iems

I'm waiting also for Gilly's Feedback, cuz he said, that Female Vocals are dark in the Sound, so this made me a bit thoughtful..

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #1,558 of 2,161
I came to the FA4 from TF10 too. I think I have odd taste in vocal presentation though, because I like the TF10's colder mids; the FA4 are definitely a bit more 3D in vocals and better at portraying intimacy, but they do sound a little dull with that 5k dip. The mids are more detailed than TF10, but the slight veil is bothersome to me personally. The swing between 4k, down at 5k, then up to a peak around 7k has an odd effect on me: I increase the volume to get that extra bit of vocal presence, but then the treble gets hot and splashy and messes up the sound.

That said, I'm very used to the recessed, slightly cold vocal presentation of the DT770 and TF10, and the FA4 is just different, plain and simple: it is more neutral, with what sounds like more emphasis in the lower mids, which is actually just a dip in the upper mids/lower treble.

That being said, the overall sound does bear some similarity to the TF10, with a more 3D presentation and better detail overall. It sounds really good at lower volume, but when you turn it up to rock out it starts to sound artificial and the spike in the treble rears its ugly head. Its a slightly contradictory signature: overall its a "fun" earphone, with slightly thumpy bass (less than TF10) and exciting treble, but the particular emphases make it more suited for lower volume, laid back, analytical listening. I'd say its a great earphone for anyone who likes to listen to EDM with a critical ear, and likes some rock and acoustic music as well - it does both folk and metal pretty well, and indie too, although really critical listeners will probably feel the missing 5k in the slight lack of crunch from electric guitars. Not for lovers of classical, which gets ripped to shreds by the peaky treble.

For female vocals specifically...well its a mixed bag. I think they are more detailed and realistic than TF10, but for me the 5k dip takes away from some of the immediacy and aggressiveness that I like. If you're looking for a really impressive, lush, brilliant vocal presentation, I don't think the FA4 will give it to you; if that's what you're after primarily, I'd look into the SM3. It is absolutely amazing with all vocals, and is an incredibly addictive earphone to listen to. If the stock version lacks treble to your ears, you can always remove the filter tool, which is how I liked them. Beware the build quality though: they will fall apart at the seams if you don't baby them.

Honestly if the TF10 are missing something to your ears from a technical perspective, you might save time and money by reshelling them and adding a mid driver. If you really like the TF10 and just want better mids, that's probably the safest route.

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #1,559 of 2,161
I came to the FA4 from TF10 too. I think I have odd taste in vocal presentation though, because I like the TF10's colder mids; the FA4 are definitely a bit more 3D in vocals and better at portraying intimacy, but they do sound a little dull with that 5k dip. The mids are more detailed than TF10, but the slight veil is bothersome to me personally. The swing between 4k, down at 5k, then up to a peak around 7k has an odd effect on me: I increase the volume to get that extra bit of vocal presence, but then the treble gets hot and splashy and messes up the sound.

That said, I'm very used to the recessed, slightly cold vocal presentation of the DT770 and TF10, and the FA4 is just different, plain and simple: it is more neutral, with what sounds like more emphasis in the lower mids, which is actually just a dip in the upper mids/lower treble.

That being said, the overall sound does bear some similarity to the TF10, with a more 3D presentation and better detail overall. It sounds really good at lower volume, but when you turn it up to rock out it starts to sound artificial and the spike in the treble rears its ugly head. Its a slightly contradictory signature: overall its a "fun" earphone, with slightly thumpy bass (less than TF10) and exciting treble, but the particular emphases make it more suited for lower volume, laid back, analytical listening. I'd say its a great earphone for anyone who likes to listen to EDM with a critical ear, and likes some rock and acoustic music as well - it does both folk and metal pretty well, and indie too, although really critical listeners will probably feel the missing 5k in the slight lack of crunch from electric guitars. Not for lovers of classical, which gets ripped to shreds by the peaky treble.

For female vocals specifically...well its a mixed bag. I think they are more detailed and realistic than TF10, but for me the 5k dip takes away from some of the immediacy and aggressiveness that I like. If you're looking for a really impressive, lush, brilliant vocal presentation, I don't think the FA4 will give it to you; if that's what you're after primarily, I'd look into the SM3. It is absolutely amazing with all vocals, and is an incredibly addictive earphone to listen to. If the stock version lacks treble to your ears, you can always remove the filter tool, which is how I liked them. Beware the build quality though: they will fall apart at the seams if you don't baby them.

Honestly if the TF10 are missing something to your ears from a technical perspective, you might save time and money by reshelling them and adding a mid driver. If you really like the TF10 and just want better mids, that's probably the safest route.

That was insane! Thanks for your feedback, at the End, you gave me exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you!

I am not "an only" Vocal listener, I am a more overall Listener, like Pop, Hip Hop, Rock, Classic, Vocals, Dance.. I search a In Ear like  a Triple Fi, with more Soundstage, the Analytical Details, and more catchy mids, not too cold.. And I often hear that the FA-04 is something for me, cuz it is an "Allrounder" it can handle many Genres, maybe "All" ?

The Only Point, why I was so critical is about Female Vocals, cuz I have many Female Artists, which performs on my little Iphone 4s.. My hope is, that I get more audible mids than Triple Fi, not more & not less.

I don't listen too much Songs with Guitars, I can tell it is more a "General Performance", what the In Ear should do, to play audible, nothing is missing.

And I don't own the Triple Fi anymore, lost it, but I don't miss it really, cuz I had to replace every 2 months the Cable & the Stability was more like ********.

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,560 of 2,161
I don't find the treble peaky or harsh in the slightest with the fa 4e, best treble I've heard so far in iems but found the sm3 v2 treble without filters really harsh or recessed with them anyway you get used to the signature after all...had the w40 and found the treble a little recessed compared to the fa 4e too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back