first poster needs some advice
Jun 29, 2010 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lukedohc

New Head-Fier
hello my names luke and i've been watching and reading some threads around here for about two weeks since i received my senn hd 280 pros. Now the reason i'm posting is i need some advice for my system, i'm currently running of my pc to a external x-fi creative sound card, to my  yamaha RX-550   rs stereo amp, my speakers are wharfedale 9.1 diamonds,  speaker cables are diy cat5, and interconnects are selbys and diy usb cable from pc to external sound card. Now ever since i got my headphone i've been looking and headamps i know i won't get much out of my headphones. I was hoping for a little more bass (yes i have done the blu-tac mod and it worked well) i stumbled across a little headamp/dac/preamp by maverick audio tube magic  now i was wondering if this would be a good upgrade for my system from the x-fi sound card ????

p.s sorry about the life story for a basic questions!

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 3
With just your Senn 280 Pros, I'd say that a headamp wouldn't do much comparatively to getting new headphones.  Put $200 into headphones, then the Maverick TubeMagic would be a good choice.

Also, have you tried your headphones from your receivers headphone out?  A lot of people use their receiver as a DAC/Amp for their headphones as well as a speaker setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back