First pair of decent headphones, having problems.... need advice
Dec 6, 2010 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Xazen

New Head-Fier
So I bought what I would consider to be my first pair of decent headphones, a pair of Sennheiser HD555s. This is the first day that I have had them and I am having a little problem.

After a little while a listening to them the right side starts to get quiet, eventually going silent. I can mess with the connection, repeatedly unplugging it and plugging back in the 1/4 inch plug to the 3.5mm adapter, and it will go back to normal for a little while before I have to do it again. I know that its not a problem with the source as it works fine with other headphones and speakers. I that that the problem lies in the 1/4 inch connection or the 1/4 inch to 3.5mm adapter that it came with however I am worried that it could be something more serious in the headphones.

What would you guys recommend?

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #4 of 6
Yeah, they're probably defective. I've never experienced this problem and I always use the adapter that was supplied in the box.

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Thank you for the welcome and the quick replies. I am going to use the warranty and try to get them replaced.

When I bought them I was not aware of this great community. But now that I am, are the HD555s a decent pair for someone just getting into quality headphones? I have wanted a good pair and chose these because they were on sale for $90.

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #6 of 6
Good luck, I hope everything works out for ya. :)

IMO, they're a great pair to get started with. When I first started getting into headphones, I was recommended the 555s lots of times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back