First movie you ever saw in a theatre (without your parents)
Feb 13, 2005 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

eyeteeth

Headphoneus Supremus
What is the first movie you ever saw in a theatre without your parents or any other adult supervision?

For my 8th birthday I was allowed to bring a friend with me unsupervised "to any movie you want to see". A two cinema theatre, as was the norm in those days, with my mom present we paid for the Disney double bill, entered the lobby and when no one was looking quickly snuck into the other show.

Enter The Dragon with Bruce Lee
The Born Losers with Tom Laughin aka Billy Jack

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 44
Those are kinda hard-core for a 'first movie' - sneaky of you.

I took my little sister to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang... (Ha!)

Feb 13, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 44
I can't remember...maybe "Saving Private Ryan?" I probably had seen some other movie without my parents before that one, but I can distinctly remember seeing that movie.

Feb 13, 2005 at 10:38 PM Post #7 of 44
The one I remember is Terminator 2, which considering my age at the time, should not have been able to get in, but they weren't as strict about checking ages back then. I'm fairly certain T2 wasn't the first one, but it's the one I remember.

Incidentally, the first movie I saw in theatre was one of the Star Wars movies (in Japan). My parents like to remind me how I yelled "it's Superman!" when I saw something flying across the screen.

Feb 14, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #12 of 44
I think it was a Walt Disney film (1001 Dalmatians or Lady and the Tramp?). They had a special Kids matinee and my mother dropped my brother and me off with a group of other kids (their mothers were there too) before the film started and was waiting for us when we got out. It was a small theater (since demolished) and that was the only show. No chance to sneak into another picture.
frown.gif

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #13 of 44
I dont have a clue.

However, I am told that the first movie I ever saw in the theatre is Star Wars:RotJ, which i promptly cried when Jabba appeared. ( I was 3)

My dad, being this great guy that he is, also brought me to see Aliens when it came out. (I think I was 6)

I was afraid of movies ever since. (Well, movies that my DAD picked
blink.gif
)

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #14 of 44
The first movie I saw in the theater without my parents was... I'm pretty sure it was The Matrix. My parents didn't particularly like the movies that much (my stepdad always said, shut up and wait for it to come out on video!), and we rarely went even with them and never went without them because as kids we had no money and no way to get to the theater (which was six miles away).

When I saw the Matrix, I had my first job and my beat-up old 1984 Toyota pickup truck, so I was about 16 at the time. No, they didn't card me. =P

Quote:

Originally Posted by zChan
IHowever, I am told that the first movie I ever saw in the theatre is Star Wars:RotJ, which i promptly cried when Jabba appeared. ( I was 3)

My dad, being this great guy that he is, also brought me to see Aliens when it came out. (I think I was 6)

I was afraid of movies ever since. (Well, movies that my DAD picked
blink.gif
)

Hahahaha! My stepdad showed me as a little girl (as well as my brothers) a bunch of late 80s, early 90s action movies and horror films. I remember thinking movies like Out For Justice and Hard to Kill were extremely corny (I was an opinionated little bugger) but I will always remember the first time I saw The Silence of the Lambs. Still to this day remains one of my all-time favorite movies.
icon10.gif

My favorite movie when I was five years old was Beverly Hills Cop, so maybe I'm just a little twisted.
basshead.gif

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #15 of 44
"The Man with the Golden Gun" with Roger Moore as James Bond, and Christopher Lee (of Dracula fame) as Scaramanga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back