First Impressions: HiSound Audio Live Earbuds & Crystal IEM's
Jun 8, 2011 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Austin Morrow

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently got some of HiSound Audio's earphones to test out to go along with the STUDIO-V. I've been listening to there earphones while I am converting my entire 10Gb iTunes Library to FLAC since AAC is not compatible (bummer!).

So for the Live earbuds, here is my quick sum up. I think the packaging is simple and neat. A small clamshell carrying case, a shirt clip, a manual (in Japanese unfortunately), and two different sets of foam coverings for the 'buds (don't know if you call them tips since this is an earbud and not an IEM). Build quality is pretty good. The cable is nice and rubbery, although nothing special. The earphones themselves are made out of what appear to aluminum and feel very good in the hands and have a very "premium" feel to them. For sound quality, this was very good and to my liking. Very airy and balanced if I do say so myself. Nothing else since I have only listened to them for about 5 minutes. Also, not bass centric like the Crystal's. 

So for the Crystal IEM's, here is my quick sum up. Same packaging as the Live's as well as the same cable. There are three sets of silicone ear tips, not coverings, since their IEM's :) The earphones themselves are very small and have a thick rubber neck where the cable goes into the housing. If you look closely you will also "Crystal" engraved in extremely tiny cursive text. Surprisingly, there are no right and left markers...weird. For sound quality, I enjoyed these pretty good as well. There is a lot of bass, not bloated in any way especially when it comes to midbass and to my ears there is a TON of subbass rumble. Bass is very forward and centric, definitely the focal point of these. Midrange is somewhere in the middle, not forward or laid back, with a slightly thick aroma. Now, highs impressed me most, since they were slightly forward (although not nearly as much as bass) and had a pretty good amount of crispness and detail. Extension was pretty good although I think I did find find some slight roll off on the top end.

Pictures to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back