I with another 10 friends are doing the audition now

I will update later , on my first impression

Here's the picture on the session , the guys are enjoying the audition,
Setup as below :

Source : dap AK 100 standard

Amp : Stax Srm 002

Iem : stax Sr 002

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 19
am I the only one waiting with bated breath? I've got the RWAK100 coming and would love these for use at my desk at work where I need to be able to hear people sometimes.

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 19
Rudi, instead of keep starting threads about it just comment on the first one you started. No need to go bananas and start a new thread every time you have a new comment.

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #5 of 19
Subscribed. Very interested in those little babies.
Btw how much did you buy them for?

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 19
Just my inexperienced opinion, but, those looks INCREDIBLY uncomfortable. 

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #8 of 19
Rudi, what are your first impressions? As someone who has never heard electrostatic headphones but has owned MLs in the past, I'm curious as to how these sound.

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #9 of 19
Rudi, what are your first impressions? As someone who has never heard electrostatic headphones but has owned MLs in the past, I'm curious as to how these sound.

Out the box Stax sr 002 sound already very good like his electrostatic brother sr 007 , has very good clarity , detail and tranparancy .

Source : iPhone 4 s
Dac : cyberlabs class solo tactical edition and class - dB
Amp: Stax battery operated Srm 002
Iem : Stax Sr 002

High : very detail and smooth and very clean high
Mid : electrostatic mid are always special very sweet and clear
Bass : has very good bass impact and bass body , many said Stax has no bass, this is not true.
Very good bass detail and very clean sounding bass
Separation : very good that we can hear the music placement from the orchestras and the
Sanger very clear.
Soundstage : wide like the big brother sr 007 mk2

Convulsion : out the box sound good , they need some burn in to get the true electrostatic sound
Quality .
The SQ improve if you use better source , like ku add Dac to your Dap .

The best Dac for sr 002 is cyberlab - dB, you can get more clarity and detail , better
Soundstage and separation .this is my favourite set up with my Stax

For simple use and sound also good I use as source my iPhone 4 s and more
Simple I use my DAP Hippo Biscuit , sound very good

Burn in time is better about 50 hours minimum.

With different battery brand has different sound quality :

The best SQ use : local brand ABC alkaline , very good speed and bass impact
Second best use : Everready battery 1,5 volt , better clarity less bass impact
Third best use. : Panasonic Alkaline Battery 1,5 volt ,is good for audiophiles
Recording .
For all of my friend please try it with many battery brand , you can find locally which
Battery sound the best for you

This my personal impression .

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #10 of 19
The batteries can affect the sound of this IEM? Wow, all these Stax products are way too exotic for me :D
But I would love to try one of these...

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #11 of 19
The batteries can affect the sound of this IEM? Wow, all these Stax products are way too exotic for me :D

But I would love to try one of these...

Stax iem sr 002 and sr 003 mk 2 are the same iems

The different only only the connector ,

Stax sr 002 has smaller connector for battery operated amp Srm 002

Stax sr 003 mk2 use 5 pin connector like the biggest brother sr 007 mk2 , you can use your

Another Stax amp like Srm 727 mk2 or use the transportable amp Srm 252 s

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #12 of 19
rudi0504 thanks for the impression. Do you have any other hi-end iems or custom for comparing? Even though I heard the 007 long time ago it'd be amazing if the 002 can manage to bring such sound signature to the iem world.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #13 of 19
Just my inexperienced opinion, but, those looks INCREDIBLY uncomfortable. 

This new Stax sr 002 and sr 003 mk2 has housing improvement , they are more comfortable compare to the old model sr 001 mk2.
For some people could be uncomfortable , but from 12 people done the pre order , as last Saturday we tried together , only 1 person cancel the order because his ear right canal and left canal has different sizes .
You can still use the headband to hold your stac sr 002 as on ear headphone / iem .

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #14 of 19
Do you mind also reviewing them on a "normal" DAP / smartphone. Appreciate a top source is probably desirable but us mortals with less money need a reference point to digest what you end up saying about these earphones (don't think they are strictly IEM in terms of fitting and also appears they would not isolate well)

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #15 of 19
Do you mind also reviewing them on a "normal" DAP / smartphone. Appreciate a top source is probably desirable but us mortals with less money need a reference point to digest what you end up saying about these earphones (don't think they are strictly IEM in terms of fitting and also appears they would not isolate well)

These Stax iems are very good for the sound quality , what I mean with better source the Sound Quality can improve significant .

I have tried many source like iPod classic 7 G 160 Gb, iPhone 4 S , AK 100 , dx 100
As additional Dac I tried : fostex hp p 1 , Ventura craft go dap x, cyber labs class solo and latest
- dB

Maybe you can not believe as source I tried hippo biscuit , with hippo biscuit Stax has very good synergies .
Hippo biscuit cost about $ 100 US or even less if buy bundle from Jaben .

Stax iem is open design , that's you can still head outside sound , in my opinion doesn't
Disturb me during I use in shopping mall.
I don't want use insite the plane , this can disturb my neighbour :D

For traveling I use my Tralucent 1+2 and fit ear 334

Users who are viewing this thread

Back