First impression: HT Omega Claro Halo
Jun 22, 2009 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

corrupt_file

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I must run to the postal office and retrieve my Denon AH-D2000
biggrin.gif
, so I will make this quick.

I just received my HT Omega Claro Halo, and this card is replacing my HT Omega Striker.

It comes in a very nice looking package, and includes many accessaries that could come in real handy.

As soon as I installed the card and its newest driver, I left my Z5500 unplugged- and instead, I plugged my old HA-FX66 JVC earbuds in to the headphone jack(I know they're not the best earbuds out there, but that's all I had at the time being... and they aren't really that bad for the price).

Hmm.. something was not right. The treble and bass was too harsh and heavy. It was like somebody messed with my equalizer settings. Naturally, I popped my equalizer open, and disabled it. Then BAM! it starts to sound much MUCH better. I must say I am very pleased.

Compare to HT Omega Striker, bass was tighter and deeper yet less boomy, treble became more accurate, and mid was brought out. Basically, everything became more detailed.
Litteraly, once I freaked out and look behind me because a background singer said something and it sounded like somebody actually was talking to me from behind my back.

I guess I was just kidding myself with equalizer... It sounds very good without playing with any sort of sound-enhancer BS. Just right out of the box, plug it in, and off you go.

I cannot wait until I try this card out with my AH-D2000.

Gotta go!

Cheers,
James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back