First human clone due in January...
Nov 29, 2002 at 7:55 AM Post #47 of 47
markl - You question the ethics of producing a clone? As I'm sure that you are aware, ethical standards are not universally agreed on. In fact, it's quite clear that my ethics are not a clone of yours. Should one organization, or church, impose its ethics on the rest of us? I don't think so. In one of your recurring themes you question whether a cloned person will be accepted by society. My view is "who cares, or who gives a damn." Social rejection often occurs when a minority child (e.g., black, Jewish, etc.) lives in the midst of a narrow minded majority. Does this mean that minorities should avoid having children because their children may be rejected or picked on by surrounding bigots and bulies? Also, the manner of birth of cloned children, or children conceived by aritificial insemination, etc. should be personal and confidential. I expect that this sort of information will not be publically disseminated, unless it is done by idealogs, such as the violent sort that assaults abortion clinics and abortion doctors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back