first heard Stax SR-Lambda and SR-404 on SRM-007t
Jul 15, 2004 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Glassman

Headphoneus Supremus
yesterday, I went to the local Stax distributor to finaly hear my Stax SR-Lambdas bought a month ago at ebay.de.. the first positive thing was - they worked!
icon10.gif
I went straight to the most expensive amp SRM-007t as I wanted to hear what they are capable of.. as a reference I used new SR-404 Signature.. this was my first serious listening session with electrostats and I must say I like it MUCH! and what's even more important to me and interesting too - believe it or not, they were soo close! SR-404 were noticably better, but I would compare it to the difference between Senn HD600 and HD650, which to me is not so big.. a friend of mine even thinks it's less of a difference then between the Senns.. now I have the right motivation to build a Blue Hawaii for them, I hope it will surpass the SRM-007t in all aspects
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #2 of 2
Hello All:

I stumbled around and found this site on the web. Very happy to be here.

My question all of you is if anyone is familiar with the STAX SR 84 Lambda PRO Junior units. It is a package of the SR-80 Earspeakers and the SRD-4 Energizer. I stumbled across that one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back