Finally got Headphoneus Supremus
Feb 16, 2004 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Trawlerman

A British ingredient in our rockin' international gumbo.
I finally did it. I got my Headphoneus Supremus title after some 2 years and 3 months of contributing to this great forum.

Over that period of time i've gone from having a modest collection of phones comprising just a pair of Beyer DT531s, Stax Lambda Nova and Stax SR001 to now where I own.... well see below for a list of stuff
eek.gif
Damn, let that be a warning to all the newbies and veterans alike. The standard greeting of Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet is well earned :p

Anyway, I hope that in the two years that i've been here that I haven't spammed the place up too much and that i've made a good contribution to the forum making it the fantastic place that it is.
biggrin.gif

What's really surprised me is that it's only take me Two months to go from 1000 to 1550 posts
biggrin.gif
I suppose that's what unemployment does to a person. Nothing much else to except sleep and post on Head-Fi.

Anyway, here's to Head-Fi, the greatest audio forum on the 'net bar none! Long may it continue to thrive.

Feb 16, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #2 of 26
Congratulations! I would have to say I look forward to your posts, they are interesting, on topic and are well thought out. Now that you are Jude's pet (shown by him fixing your title), be sure to get into the secret forums, they rock!

Feb 16, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 26
I became Supermus a while ago and I've been wondering if there is anything beyond it. I have a nasty feeling that I may have shot myself in the foot once again with my mention for the alternative to Headphoneus Supremus, but welcome to the club of ultra-phone-geekery.

Feb 16, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #4 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
.... be sure to get into the secret forums, they rock!

Okay. Now you've intrigued me. Are there truly secret forums or are you being nasty and teasing us little people???

Trawlerman,

Congrats! I do enjoy your posts!

And bangraman -- I miss your big purple head!!!

cheers.

Feb 16, 2004 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by wildeone
Okay. Now you've intrigued me. Are there truly secret forums or are you being nasty and teasing us little people???

Check out the thread on them!

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ghlight=Secret

Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
It might be back... as big purple head with wood.

Thanks for that visual!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Feb 16, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #7 of 26
Congrats on your milestone Mick
smily_headphones1.gif

Be warned though, between me becoming a supremus, and today, i've spent about £2,000 on goodies...

...Its not over, its only just begining
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 16, 2004 at 11:41 PM Post #8 of 26
Thanks for the replies fellas. Much appreciated. I guess I should do a special review on something to celebrate the new title, but I can't think of anything so I wont
confused.gif

Hehehe.... So Duncan, what got you so excited that you felt the need to part with £2000?

Feb 17, 2004 at 12:40 AM Post #10 of 26
Hey Congratulations! Here's to 1500 more
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
Congrats on your milestone Mick
smily_headphones1.gif

Be warned though, between me becoming a supremus, and today, i've spent about £2,000 on goodies...

...Its not over, its only just begining
very_evil_smiley.gif

hmm...I haven't spent any additional money, or any money on electronics at all since becoming supremus...I don't know how I do it
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2004 at 2:11 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by GlowWorm
Congrats Trawlerman, although I think half of those 1500 posts were in the "What are you listening to right now?" thread.
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
Seriously though, keep up the good work.

biggrin.gif
So you noticed eh? Well, they still count fairly and squarely.

D-EJ915... I haven't spent any money on my kit since becoming supremus either
tongue.gif

I might have a couple of cable reviews in the pipeline. I've been busy DIY'ing some recently that you may be interested in looking at. Fiddler has also been busy with some DIYing and i'll quite likely be reviewing his work as well very shortly. I'll keep you posted.

Feb 17, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Trawlerman
I might have a couple of cable reviews in the pipeline. I've been busy DIY'ing some recently that you may be interested in looking at.

Congratulations, Mick! It's nice to see a useful poster get his rewards.

And, speaking of useful posts, I'll be anxiously looking forward to reading your cable reviews.

D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back