Finally found a source for HD590 connectors?
Oct 17, 2005 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nisbeth

Headphoneus Supremus
..or am I wrong? From looking at the datasheet for the Kobiconn 2.5mm jack over at mouser.com (p/n 171-3306), it would seem that it fits the socket on the HD590, HD495 and similar models without any modifications. There was a gold-plated version as well (used to be p/n 171-3307), but it appears mouser doesn't carry these anymore.

I have no idea if these are any good or if they actually fit, but as I am not aware of any other alternative besides hackjobs involving combinations of glue and heat shrink, I though it was worth mentioning
smily_headphones1.gif

/U.

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisbeth
..or am I wrong? From looking at the datasheet for the Kobiconn 2.5mm jack over at mouser.com (p/n 171-3306), it would seem that it fits the socket on the HD590, HD495 and similar models without any modifications. There was a gold-plated version as well (used to be p/n 171-3307), but it appears mouser doesn't carry these anymore.

I have no idea if these are any good or if they actually fit, but as I am not aware of any other alternative besides hackjobs involving combinations of glue and heat shrink, I though it was worth mentioning
smily_headphones1.gif

/U.

If these connectors are the style thta would fit the HD212 pro and the HD497, they're just a standard submini jack. The only thing you have to worry about in this case is the footprint of the sleeve/barrel. The hard ones to find are the HD600 etc connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back