Finally, digital out for Galaxy SIII
Jun 30, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #46 of 50
Hi guys, I am new here and just wanted to confirm that the Galaxy S3 with the new KitKat update does indeed support the Fiio E17 on the USB host. I have the aforementioned E17 and use it on my S3 with my Audio Technica ATH - M50. It did not work on Jellybean 4.2 at all. Every time I plugged the E17 into the USB, the phone would shut down or restert, but now it works flawlessly and the sound is oh so sweet to my ears. Have a great day everyone.

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #47 of 50
Hi guys, I am new here and just wanted to confirm that the Galaxy S3 with the new KitKat update does indeed support the Fiio E17 on the USB host. I have the aforementioned E17 and use it on my S3 with my Audio Technica ATH - M50. It did not work on Jellybean 4.2 at all. Every time I plugged the E17 into the USB, the phone would shut down or restert, but now it works flawlessly and the sound is oh so sweet to my ears. Have a great day everyone.

I'm curious which ROM you're using since AFAIK the S3 is not getting KitKat from Samsung. Currently, only unofficial ROMs have brought KitKat to S3. Cyanogen & AOKP have moved to KitKat, and there are many efforts to backport KitKat from the S5. XDA currently seems to be a hotbed of unofficial backports of KitKat from S5.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/development

Jul 3, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #49 of 50
I have the official kitkat release from Samsung through Rogers. I have only had it for a week now, but I got it on an ota update after forcing my phone to check for the update.

Ah, you have the USA version. Samsung has bailed out on updates for the international S3 version (i9300). Sucks !!

Luckily, the community at XDA is very active in porting KitKat to the international S3.

Hope you have a wonderful time with your current gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back