Finally bought ATH-AD2000! Impressions finally posted!
May 26, 2008 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

Fetou

100+ Head-Fier
I have been looking at these for over six months and finally decided to order them today. I got them off of an Ebay seller with a store named "AV-Japan" but I am pretty sure it is just pricejapan.com on eBay. Has anybody ever used this seller?

I am pretty excited and hope they arrive this week. I will post impressions and pictures.

At the moment I am going to be using them directly 3.5mm into my X-Fi XtremeMusic but might get a DAC/AMP combo later in the summer. Any suggestions would be great.

On an off-note, anybody have an opinion on the selling price of a used pair of ATH-A900's which have been used but are in mint condition with original box included?

May 26, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 64
good stuff - I hope you like them
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #6 of 64
Enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

However,
don't judge them based on first impression. It took a few weeks for me to "get" them, but when I finally did I really fell in love with them. The sound was very different from what I was used to (MS2i and Beyers).

May 27, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #7 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

However,
don't judge them based on first impression. It took a few weeks for me to "get" them, but when I finally did I really fell in love with them. The sound was very different from what I was used to (MS2i and Beyers).

How significant is the burn-in on these headphones? My A900s pretty much didn't have any bass and an extremely relaxed mid range and eventually turned out to have a decent amount of bass and only a slightly recessed mid.

May 27, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #8 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How significant is the burn-in on these headphones? My A900s pretty much didn't have any bass and an extremely relaxed mid range and eventually turned out to have a decent amount of bass and only a slightly recessed mid.

I can't really say if it was burn in or if it was just me getting used to the sound, but I experienced some rather big changes.

May 28, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #11 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can't comment on burn-in as I got it used.
I know it got better and better though.

Funny you said that, the details get better and better the more I use them. I can tell they are tons better than after initial burn in by switching back and forth with W5000.

May 28, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #12 of 64
One thing is for sure. Even if the detail does improve. The tonality remains the same. It is not like my sennheiser 555s which turned from zero to hero within a hundred hours

Jun 1, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #13 of 64
Uggggggh... they are STILL stuck in Switzerland customs.

Jun 1, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #15 of 64
I went from a900's to ad2000 recently myself. Don't worry you made the right choice. I got $180 shipped for my a900's. They were 6 months old in almost flawless condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back