Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 31, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #11,476 of 11,665
Loving my E5000, fantastic with the H7 - also added a Rosenkranz cable which just landed today.

IMG_4339.jpeg

Jun 3, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #11,478 of 11,665
Now that I got my A5000 for about a week I feel confident enough to give my impression.

I need to add that I am no way an experienced reviewer so pleas bear with it.

A5000 vs A4000
- Staging is about the same
- Details are slightly better on the A5000 but this might be confirmation bias
- A5000 is less hollow
- Bass has more volume and feels nice on the A5000 with a bit of a slam, but sometimes a more scalpel like bass like the A4000 is needed. Depends on songs so your milage may vary.
- Cable is nicer on the A5000
EDIT:
Seriously how could I forget to talk about the Trebble:
Less peaky than the A4000. On some songs like High hopes by Panic At the Disco or Mela! by Ryokuoushoku Shakai the A4000 hurts a bit at the peaks, this is much smoother on hte A5000.

To be honest when I first got them I was unimpressed when compared to the A4000, changes are subtle and give an over all better package. Now whether or not the Price in crease is worth it has to be decided by everyone themselves. But at least know that, if your on a budget the A4000 is still awesome.

I also received a Blessing 3 last week, I know but my fingers were tingling xD

A5000 vs Blessing 3
-Staging A5000 seems wider
- Details I would put them equal
- Bass has more volume on the A5000 but more precision on the Blessing 3, I would say same precision as the A4000 with a bit more rumbling in the sub-bass
- Lower mids and upper mids are more forward on the Blessing 3, just enough to make it sound different.
- Trebble good on both, can't comment on a difference not trained enough in hearing.

- Compfort is better on the A5000, but fit is fine on both. On A5000 I use Type E size L tips while on B3 size S and or M, insertion depth is a bit deeper.
- Weight of the B3 is a bit more.
- Cable is nice on both, but if I had to choose one it would be the Final ones. FYI I like lightweight and thinner cables.

I would say both the A5000 and Blessing 3 complement each other pretty well, B3 is a bit more neutral and analytical and the A5k is a bit more fun. If I had to choose one of them it would be the A5000 just because of the compfort and fit. But otherwise they both are no slouches and are very close to each other, of course with different tunings.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #11,479 of 11,665
I should have realized that ZE8000 discussion was under general Final Audio impressions thread :) For anybody who is interested, I finished by ZE8k review, tried to cover as much as I can. Only compared to a handful of other TWS earphones, don't have any E-series. Enjoy the read.

final_ze8000-00.jpg

Jun 7, 2023 at 1:45 AM Post #11,481 of 11,665
Hi everyone!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but - would anyone have recommendations for CIEMs that have the sound of the Heaven series? Ie all about mids. Thanks a lot in advance :)
Why don’t you give the FitEar MH334, MH334SR, MH335DW, MH335DWSR, Air2 a listen? Jaben have the demo units.

Jun 8, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #11,482 of 11,665
This is a long shot but if anyone is interested in selling their E5000 let me know, I am interested in buying a used one in the US, thanks!

Jun 10, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #11,483 of 11,665
For the ZE8000 user here, did anyone try to pair two devices? PC and Phone together? It seems it has to unpair my phone and connect the PC.

Jun 11, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #11,484 of 11,665
I currently own the a8000, e2000, e3000 and e5000. lol i love final iems. I’m thinking of trying the a5000 or one of the b series. Which of them makes a great all rounder that I can use for genres from electronic, ambient, classical, jazz to indie? I’m after an edc that I can use for walks or when I’m in work

Jun 11, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #11,485 of 11,665
I currently own the a8000, e2000, e3000 and e5000. lol i love final iems. I’m thinking of trying the a5000 or one of the b series. Which of them makes a great all rounder that I can use for genres from electronic, ambient, classical, jazz to indie? I’m after an edc that I can use for walks or when I’m in work
Just because of the electronic and indie I would say A5000 for jazz and classical the B1 or B3 might be a bit better at double the price

Jun 19, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #11,486 of 11,665
Bought another F7200 pair, as my first one (bought on 2018 perhaps?) was lost to me last year, and though I have many IEMs and headphones, was missing its sound. I also have an ER4SR, and find that though similar in concept, they are definitely not the same, and the F7200 has something special, whatever you may think of its measurements.

Anyone knows who else besides Final sells angled cables such as those used with the F series?

Random Final Audio comments: I think "modern" Final is a bit more normal since the E series, though my older Heaven V isn't that far removed from a "normal" tuning. F7200 wasn't "normal" at all, yet very lovely and pleasing (to me at least.) It may be the E series only-I do find it very "consumer friendly"-which is fine, because then it sells! But I often do not always want the same expected sound signature over and over again.

I do not have any of the A series (cheap or expensive) but I think I would like that more for modern Final products vs the E series. Each to their own earphones, of course. :) I did enjoy the E2000 back when it was new. Have had or still have other Final products (Sonorous II, B2, Adagio V-which I also lost-etc.)

(In no way or shape I am insulting the E series-please enjoy music with your favorite earphones.)

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #11,487 of 11,665
Hi,
Has anyone tried and found out some tips for ze3000 that doesn't change the sound but just increase the isolation. I tried normal E-type tips. While the isolation did improve, the sound did become a little harsher to my ears. I wouldn't even mind if the sound become a little bit smoother but ideally would like to keep the same signature.

Jun 21, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #11,489 of 11,665
I find the A5000 to have a warmer, smoother sound than the A4000, it sounds good with everything whereas the A4000 can sound abrasive, thin and obnoxious with some music. The A5000 bass has an unusually wide and grand sound, the overall sound is very expansive. I have used the A4000 since it was released, it was never my favourite but I enjoyed it, I am unlikely to use it again now I have the A5000.

Jun 22, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #11,490 of 11,665
Bought another F7200 pair, as my first one (bought on 2018 perhaps?) was lost to me last year, and though I have many IEMs and headphones, was missing its sound. I also have an ER4SR, and find that though similar in concept, they are definitely not the same, and the F7200 has something special, whatever you may think of its measurements.

Anyone knows who else besides Final sells angled cables such as those used with the F series?

Random Final Audio comments: I think "modern" Final is a bit more normal since the E series, though my older Heaven V isn't that far removed from a "normal" tuning. F7200 wasn't "normal" at all, yet very lovely and pleasing (to me at least.) It may be the E series only-I do find it very "consumer friendly"-which is fine, because then it sells! But I often do not always want the same expected sound signature over and over again.

I do not have any of the A series (cheap or expensive) but I think I would like that more for modern Final products vs the E series. Each to their own earphones, of course. :) I did enjoy the E2000 back when it was new. Have had or still have other Final products (Sonorous II, B2, Adagio V-which I also lost-etc.)

(In no way or shape I am insulting the E series-please enjoy music with your favorite earphones.)
Finally received my new F7200, sounds as good or "better" than I remember. Boxes are significantly different with their included text in the back, front, identical. The "new" one's box is from 2017, with comply tips included (which I won't use). My older F7200 (the ones I lost) included a physical manual (the new ones do not! Sheet with manual download link provided) , foam tips of their own (not Comply), and a set of a sort of sticky cleaning tools-the "new" F7200 has a set of replaceable filters, which I am wary of using for fear of losing highs (will likely be careful and clean them instead-have not used the filters, so cannot say for sure how much do these affect the sound signature... anyone is free to comment on that matter.)

Both include the usual E tips, which fit different on the F7200 than on "regular" IEMs (they do not form a little closed cone, but make them work as if they had a wider aperture.)

Both also have the curved plastic pieces you can use on your ears to wear them around the ear. I have used them all 3 ways-hanging like the Heaven series, without the plastic guides, and with the guides. Obviously just hanging is the more convenient manner, although it could introduce some noise if you move too much. The plastic guides are not necessary, but nice. It definitely can be worn without them, though-no discomfort or issues.

These probably were never popular because of their lovely but perhaps unexciting for many sound signature. But of all of my balanced armature Final IEMs, these are my favorite, followed by the very "normal" but outstanding with classical B2, and the more "showy" (but still relatively "normal" sounding) Heaven V.

Mids are good in all of them, different variations on good. More low mids on Heaven V, Upper Mids on B2, mids and upper mids on F7200-the latter has a less full, lower mid sound.

Low highs in the following order: Heaven V (more splashiness), B2 (refined), F7200 (polite but still detailed.) High highs-air: F7200, B2, Heaven V. Cymbals are a combination of all treble frequency response, not just low highs or high highs, so some very extended IEMs sometimes have slightly muted cymbals when the cymbal hit the lower frequencies, but can still exhibit excellent cymbal decay due to good "air": such is the case with the F7200 (and some other headphones/earphones I have.) I can say overall treble is beautiful and well represented, even if the mids are the star of the show with the F7200.

I do not want to lose them again-they are Final's take on a "neutral" sound alla ER4SR, but sound quite different still. Immediately loved hearing them again! And that despite the treble not being super analytical at all-which is what I usually like.

Looks, amazing. Sounds special. Great buy for me, before they totally disappear from the market. Not sure if they are still being manufactured, probably new old stock. US price still at 479 (sales here and there on the usual websites), available in Amazon Japan for a lot more money. Will never be a hit, but they are with me, especially being a violinist-I have plenty other earphones I can use for other purposes and for areas in which the F7200 isn't as strong.

Great mids, "neutral"/balanced/leaning bright but without the harshness IEM.

Apologies for bringing up this old friend many never liked in the first place. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back