Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #2,866 of 11,644
I finally pegged this. It probably helps that I insert deep. The secret is a nice easy loop. Then it doesn't tug the exit strut up but actually, once lodged behind the ear, keeps it pointed down. This gives me the same entry angle and the same sound as straight down but more comfortable and no microphonics.

Will have to try this. Thanks.

Thanks cooper. It's a bit goofy looking but works well!

Confirm appreciated.

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #2,867 of 11,644
Well I've been reeled in, happily I might add, to the 1601 club. With James' help I found an SB model, and pulled the trigger this morning.

I bought them without really knowing if I even got a good price for them or not, being aware of their scarcity these days.

You guys are horrible for my wallet, and at $754 shipped to the US these are the most expensive IEMs I have ever purchased. How'd I do ?

popcorn.gif

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #2,869 of 11,644
Quote:
^   Definitely something awfully wrong with your hearing.

Like the rest of you guys or different? I sure couldn't convince James to part with his pair!

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #2,870 of 11,644
Quote:

Like the rest of you guys or different? I sure couldn't convince James to part with his pair!

Pretty much like the rest of us. Sadly.

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #2,871 of 11,644
No highs, no lows, must be PF! In other news, Kevin has finally posted my Heaven S. Looks like they will be in my abode on Wednesday. Can't wait for some of that terrible, terrible FAD goodness :)

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #2,872 of 11,644
Quote:
No highs, no lows, must be PF! In other news, Kevin has finally posted my Heaven S. Looks like they will be in my abode on Wednesday. Can't wait for some of that terrible, terrible FAD goodness
smily_headphones1.gif

Can't be PF (PF were often pretty high, and the subject of plenty of their music often caused/causes others to feel pretty low).

BTW, still pretty cross with you because you didn't have the money decency to get the only 'Van Halen Edition' Heaven S pair ever made.

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #2,873 of 11,644
Quote:

Welcome to the 'club'....!

Quote:

Can't be PF (PF were often pretty high, and the subject of plenty of their music often caused/causes others to feel pretty low).

BTW, still pretty cross with you because you didn't have the money decency to get the only 'Van Halen Edition' Heaven S pair ever made.

That's the only edition to get. And, the only way to listen to Eddie.

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #2,875 of 11,644
Aug 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #2,877 of 11,644
Find my sun in the dark side of my shadow.

Nice!

Variation on a theme.

Nice right back at ya!
I love this one and the one before. I finally figured out what the one before had me thinking:

"It's just like the first time I came here, isn't it? We were talking about automobile insurance, only you were thinking about murder. And I was thinking about that anklet."

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #2,879 of 11,644
Quote:
Nice right back at ya!
I love this one and the last one. I finally figured out what the last one had me thinking:

"It's just like the first time I came here, isn't it? We were talking about automobile insurance, only you were thinking about murder. And I was thinking about that anklet."

Thank you, vwinter. Very much appreciated. 

Regards,

-wc

In the meantime...

Fire:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back