Final Audio Design - Heaven VIII -FI-HE8BSS- Impressions
Mar 22, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #18 of 38
Might be the weight giving you that feeling. They are pretty heavy.

They just didnt seem to sit securely fitted over the ears. It may have something to do with the weight cause they felt like theyd come loose if i move around too much.
If they were an over ear design with a removeable cable i would have bought them with no hesitation.

Mar 23, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #20 of 38
May 27, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #21 of 38
I am a recent owner of the Heaven VIII.  I have done quite a bit of A-B between these and: PFE232, FA-4E-XB, FX850 as well as some closed back's.  I find that they do quite an exceptional job of quite a few things.  The bass is certainly not up to par with the others, but it is just a slight bump.  I find that it adapts very well to the music that I play, keeps up with the speed, keeps the instruments separated, and has one gorgeous sparkle.  I think part of it is that I didn't get the Heaven VIII's expecting a JH16 FP.  I went into them expecting what FAD does great, and it delivers.  Overpriced?!  Yeah, I'd say their retail is about $200 more than it should be.  However, it competes with the best ones I presently own.  Some instruments play on these better than any other headphone I've owned.  But, when listening to FAD, you must bear in mind what they're going for.  Its like two people going to see the Grand Canyon.  One likes to sit back on a comfy chair and gaze out to soak it all in.  The other brings a pair of binoculars and wants to examine everything.  FAD is going for an overall picture with the bass; and with its mids and highs, its like seeing in 28 MegaPixels.  I only wish that i had the Heaven VI still to A-B still.  I do, however, have a Heaven IV, and it pales in comparison.  Also, the Heaven IV and Heaven VI required next to nothing amping; or really, no amping at all.  The FADH VIII needs more amping as the Closed backs I have (D600 for one).  
I would highly recommend this headphone for $450-$500.  Maybe even $550.  Of course, that's assuming that you understand the aim of these.  The FAD sound is like no other IEM, and it will definitely play your music differently than other IEM's.  IMO, gotta experience it at least once to see.

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #22 of 38
it seems like this is not a very active forum :).

I've recently gone through SE846 and JH16's.  Still, nothing can offer the same clear, timbre-right, popping mids that the FAD Heaven VI & VIII can offer!  I am looking to sell my SE846's and get another set of customs, or anything, that offers clarity, and at least what these can do with the mids.  I'm thinking that, maybe its just that I really like these for what they do, and perhaps they are one that should just stay in my collection; resolving them to be the best IEM for the bright mids.  Soundstage is fantastic, but I've heard others that are good.  If anyone knows what I'm talking about with the mids on these and knows of a IEM that does the same, but perhaps better in other areas too (a hybrid dynamic bass, maybe), please let me know.  Otherwise, I'm going to work on my issue with being content and my obsession for always seeking the next best thing!

Jun 14, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #23 of 38
  it seems like this is not a very active forum :).

I've recently gone through SE846 and JH16's.  Still, nothing can offer the same clear, timbre-right, popping mids that the FAD Heaven VI & VIII can offer!  I am looking to sell my SE846's and get another set of customs, or anything, that offers clarity, and at least what these can do with the mids.  I'm thinking that, maybe its just that I really like these for what they do, and perhaps they are one that should just stay in my collection; resolving them to be the best IEM for the bright mids.  Soundstage is fantastic, but I've heard others that are good.  If anyone knows what I'm talking about with the mids on these and knows of a IEM that does the same, but perhaps better in other areas too (a hybrid dynamic bass, maybe), please let me know.  Otherwise, I'm going to work on my issue with being content and my obsession for always seeking the next best thing!

I thought the noble k10 was quite similar in signature to the heaven viii, very expensive but worth checking out if you want a step up in sound quality.

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #24 of 38
Thanks for the tip.
I'm going to give the new Earwerkz Legend Omega's a go.  I hear they have the sort of "bright" mids, so we'll see.  Its 33% less cost than the K10, has more crossovers, and has the new "Onyx" chamber that's supposed to improve upon the bass.  If you're interested, I can post a brief comparison between them and the Heaven's on here...

I only wish that I hadn't gotten my Heaven Vi's stolen so that I could compare the VI and VIII, but I THINK the VIII's do what the VI's do, but better in the treble.

Anyways, thanks.  I had thought the K10's were more of a softer, warmer mid, and I'm looking for a clear, crisper, brighter mid like the FAD's.  But if you say that their signature is similar in that regard, that might change things for me.

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #25 of 38
Thanks for the tip.
I'm going to give the new Earwerkz Legend Omega's a go.  I hear they have the sort of "bright" mids, so we'll see.  Its 33% less cost than the K10, has more crossovers, and has the new "Onyx" chamber that's supposed to improve upon the bass.  If you're interested, I can post a brief comparison between them and the Heaven's on here...

I only wish that I hadn't gotten my Heaven Vi's stolen so that I could compare the VI and VIII, but I THINK the VIII's do what the VI's do, but better in the treble.

Anyways, thanks.  I had thought the K10's were more of a softer, warmer mid, and I'm looking for a clear, crisper, brighter mid like the FAD's.  But if you say that their signature is similar in that regard, that might change things for me.

While I was demoing the k10s the guy in the store handed me the heaven viii to try and the first thing I noticed was that they seemed to sound a lot like the k10. Of course they couldn't match the k10 when it came to fine details and separation and imaging but considering it's a single driver and less than half the price I thought it really held its own against them. If it wasn't for the physical design I would have bought the viii's right then and there I was that impressed. I may still buy a set sometime in the future if I can find a good deal or cheap 2nd hand pair.

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #26 of 38
I've seen them go for as low as $400 on head-fi sale forums!  To me, they should be priced at $500-$550.

Jun 16, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #27 of 38
I've seen them go for as low as $400 on head-fi sale forums!  To me, they should be priced at $500-$550.

I compared them to some similarly priced models like the shure se846, westone w60, noble 6 and akg k3003 and I thought they sounded the best out of them all so I think they're well priced relative to the competition, here in Australia at least.
$400 would be a good price, I'd actually be quite tempted if I come across some that low.

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #28 of 38
I compared them to some similarly priced models like the shure se846, westone w60, noble 6 and akg k3003 and I thought they sounded the best out of them all so I think they're well priced relative to the competition, here in Australia at least.
$400 would be a good price, I'd actually be quite tempted if I come across some that low.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/770865/fad-heaven-viii

I wouldn't sell mine for $400.  $500 minimum.  I decided last night to take them off Amazon.  I like having headphones that specialize in a kind of sound; a warm one, a bright & detailed one, a basshead one, etc.  These FAD's are unique.  Listen to some music with heavy bongos; gives me goosebumps!

Jun 17, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #30 of 38
  Some days i put these fibass in my ears and just have to shake my head at the brilliance. Plugged them into "That's the Way" from Led Zeppelin BBC recordings, which i don't consider the greatest recording but just plain brilliance displayed by these iem's. 

I would love to get to hear those someday!  Just have them for a couple days and compare the Heaven VIII with them!  
I know what you mean though.  If I haven't listened to them for a couple days, or even for a day, and them put them in with a good track, they still bring a smile to my face.  I'm a FAD FAN :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back