Filters/grills/screen fell out, any issues with this?
May 24, 2011 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

joeybutts

New Head-Fier
I went to use my Panny Zirconias the other day and glanced inside the eartip and noticed that both screens had fallen out!
eek.gif

Is this anything I need to worry about?  I haven't noticed a change in sound production, but just don't want to ruin them as they are still in like new condition even after tons of use and abuse!  (beside missing the screens obviously
wink_face.gif
)

Thanks for any info/guidance/tips you fellas can give me!

May 24, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #3 of 5
I have no idea.  It doesn't look like there is any residue or anything on the housings, so I'm not sure how they were on there or if they are replaceable.  I guess I'll have to contact PAnny.

My biggest concern is if I can ruin them with out the filters.

May 24, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 5
The filters falling out of hje900s is a common issue, happened to mine too. As far as I know Panasonic doesnt sell replacement filters for it, though you can stuff a tiny bit of foam into the openings to keep dirt out and reduce sibilance. Personally I used the replacable filters from the re0's and stuck them on, they fit perfectly.

May 25, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 5
Common would be understating it, as this has happened to pretty much every HJE900 sold in the past few year or two. The filters falling out don't noticeably change the sound. Cut two small ~1 cm squares of foam from an earbud sleeve or elsewhere and stuff em shallowly into the nozzles and you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back