FiiO X7 preview world tour--tour impressions rolling in
Oct 27, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #316 of 732
OK I downloaded Tidal.apk, installed it, and worked!

Logged in, and quickly skim through a few tracks (FLAC's) - absolutely beautiful thing this is, I can hardly wipe the smile off my face...

:L3000:

You're killing me.

Same feeling with Spotify premium. It is a huge upgrade for me. Local flac files sound even better.

You're also killing me.

Took the X7 out for a walk with Titan 5, which some might consider a bit bright

Listening to some early Genesis Phil Collins I hope! :)

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #317 of 732
Oct 27, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #321 of 732
Originally Posted by TheoS53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[EDIT] Another thing - last night I was listening and A/B-ing with X5 (with Dunu DN-2000J and Fidue A73), when I finished, I noticed the battery was at 85% (from full charge, and about 1hr listening, which is fair enough) - I went to work this morning, took the unit, and I was getting ready to do some more listening, but the battery was at 35%? Looked little strange to me, will do some more battery testing in the coming days

Checking the usage under Battery might reveal what's eating away at it

Like any cellphone, device can have lots of battery drain even when not in use. Wifi on? Bluetooth on? Is it set to sync email (If possible)? Wifi and Bluetooth SUCK JUICE like nobodies business. Make sure of these things if you keep the device on.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #322 of 732
that is one main reason that people are not that open to android music players. i hope that the pure music mode will not be like this. @djvkool it happened in android mode, right? just to be clear.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #323 of 732
  that is one main reason that people are not that open to android music players. i hope that the pure music mode will not be like this. @djvkool it happened in android mode, right? just to be clear.

Unless one mode is a de-facto airplane mode it shouldn't matter.  Wifi scanning and app permissions take a lot of memory. Google play has 15 actions going on that I de activated via a root app. Any streaming service is likely going to have multiple hooks looking for the mother ship on the net. Nature of the beast. Don't install too much stuff and if there is an airplane mode invoke it. At least constant scanning will be stopped

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #325 of 732
I am glad they went android. Was up till 4 am listening to Spotify on the X7. I still can't believe how good spotify sounds on the X7. FiiO has a hit on their hands. Pretty sure certain manufacturers should be worried by how good the X7 sounds cough AK cough. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #326 of 732
  I am glad they went android. Was up till 4 am listening to Spotify on the X7. I still can't believe how good spotify sounds on the X7. FiiO has a hit on their hands. Pretty sure certain manufacturers should be worried by how good the X7 sounds cough AK cough. 

Awesome! 

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #327 of 732
Joe Bloggs-Joe I know you said you guys are working on 5.x, do you know if it will be 5.0 or 5.1 Android? 5.0 has terrible battery life, 5.1 is a major improvement, in regards to cell phones. Not sure if it would be the same for DAPS.

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #328 of 732
I am so happy: I am in the Review world tour :). :). :)

What amp module will be shipped with the Review unit (in Europe) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back