FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
May 15, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #4,486 of 6,207
FiiO X7mkii and Final Audio IEMs :)

Audiophile-Heaven-Final-Audio-E2000-E3000-Review-12.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Final-Audio-E2000-E3000-Review-23.jpg

May 16, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #4,488 of 6,207
Hey everyone, got my X7ii last week and have been absolutely loving it. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions for alternatives to Fiio Music? I don't hate the Fiio app but was wondering if anyone had better experiences elsewhere?

I apologize if this question has been asked already. This is a really long thread...

May 16, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #4,489 of 6,207
Hey everyone, got my X7ii last week and have been absolutely loving it. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions for alternatives to Fiio Music? I don't hate the Fiio app but was wondering if anyone had better experiences elsewhere?

I apologize if this question has been asked already. This is a really long thread...

Try Neutron Player. Absolutely wonderful, it really makes the X7II shine.

May 16, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #4,490 of 6,207

I’ve looked at about 10 alternatives in the last 5 days.

Best two I’ve found are

Onkyo app

USB Audio player pro

The latter plays bit perfect music like the fiio app does. Also has Tidal integration right in the app. So you can add a tidal song to a queued playlist. Right now it doesn’t read the second SD card slot, but I emailed the developer and he said he’d add it in the next update. One caveat, it takes a long time to read the SD card. Took 30 mins to read my 400gb. But it just does that when you first insert it, or if you take it out and put it back.

Onkyo app is really clean & simple, much faster than the fiio. Onkyo doesn’t do bit perfect, but instead scales the music to android standard. Still better than the fiio app. Onkyo does read the second SD slot.

Keep in mind neither are cheap. Both around $10

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #4,493 of 6,207
OK because for me it worked before.
Just try this :
- go to "scan the files" on the right upper corner when UAPP is on
- choose "manually"
- so just after you see folders, just click on the left arrow which are on the left down corner.
- then you should see "external sd1" and "external sd2"
- just tick the box and make the scan.

Hope it will work.

Me I have a little problem with UAPP. When I start it, it always put the pop-up android to authorize UAPP to access to the USB peripheral.
I think it because the Dac put in sleep when it is not in use

May 16, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #4,494 of 6,207
OK because for me it worked before.
Just try this :
- go to "scan the files" on the right upper corner when UAPP is on
- choose "manually"
- so just after you see folders, just click on the left arrow which are on the left down corner.
- then you should see "external sd1" and "external sd2"
- just tick the box and make the scan.

Hope it will work.

Me I have a little problem with UAPP. When I start it, it always put the pop-up android to authorize UAPP to access to the USB peripheral.
I think it because the Dac put in sleep when it is not in use

I’ll give it a try, thanks.

I asked about the issue of the the pop up too, Davy said it was an android thing he couldn’t do anything about. Bit annoying, but not a dealbreaker.

May 16, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #4,496 of 6,207
Hi, thank you all for testing.

I did more test, I have 2 PC:
Desktop PC : If I reboot my PC, then I have no sound until I unplug and replug my X7MKII.
Laptop : exactly same issue on my Dell XPS13 (model 9360)
I'm using Windows 10 v1803.
Dear friend,

We have reported the isse your met to our engineers and ask for more testing. Maybe you could try another usb ports and cables for help as well.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 16, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #4,497 of 6,207
Dear friend,

We have reported the isse your met to our engineers and ask for more testing. Maybe you could try another usb ports and cables for help as well.

Best regards

Thank you.

I just did more testing, on both my PC (desktop and Dell XPS 13) :

1. If I reboot both my PCs : no sound comming out X7MKII, must unplug then replug to make it work
  2. If I power Off then On again my PCs : no sound comming out X7MKII, must unplug then replug to make it work
  3. I did test all usb ports on each PC : same issue.
  4. I did test different settings for Fiio driver buffer settings : same issue
  5. I did test with two other usb cables : same issue
  6. Please note I'm using headphone output, not LO output.

Verifications made under Windows:
  1. In device manager there is no warning or errors
  2. In Event viewer there is no warning or error regarding any usb devices
  3. In Fiio driver app even when the issue is present I can see my X7MKII correctly detected.
  4. In Sound settings even when the issue is present I can see my X7MKII correctly detected, windows see the device this is just I have no sound.

May 16, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #4,498 of 6,207
I’ve looked at about 10 alternatives in the last 5 days.

Best two I’ve found are

Onkyo app

USB Audio player pro

The latter plays bit perfect music like the fiio app does. Also has Tidal integration right in the app. So you can add a tidal song to a queued playlist. Right now it doesn’t read the second SD card slot, but I emailed the developer and he said he’d add it in the next update. One caveat, it takes a long time to read the SD card. Took 30 mins to read my 400gb. But it just does that when you first insert it, or if you take it out and put it back.

Onkyo app is really clean & simple, much faster than the fiio. Onkyo doesn’t do bit perfect, but instead scales the music to android standard. Still better than the fiio app. Onkyo does read the second SD slot.

Keep in mind neither are cheap. Both around $10

Decided to go with USB Audio Player Pro. Only thing that I'm a bit surprised by is how long it takes to load artists that have multiple albums in their folders (I like to collect discographies whenever possible). is there an option for gapless playback? Can't seem to find it in the settings.

May 16, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #4,499 of 6,207
Yikes............why do I feel a strong urge to trade in my 1st Gen X5 for a FiiO X7 II?

May 17, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #4,500 of 6,207
@FiiO @Judge584 As I said, I have exactly the same issue - not windows installation related. It's same even if I just put the PC in a sleep mode.

Also, this problem occurs only with X7 MKII. I've been using X3 as DAC for ages without any problems, now tested it and it's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back