FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 13, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #15,766 of 18,020
So what amp module would I use if I prefer a warm analog sound? I'm looking at DAPs again after using windows tablets and want a wifi enabled DLNA DAP and the amp modules are pretty interesting.

How is the wifi stability and DLNA playback? Any issues?

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #15,767 of 18,020
  Well I did what you did and all my tracks scan now but hardly any of my tracks display images.

Strange. Are you sure those images are present in each album folder with a correct name (I use "cover") and format (.jpg) and reasonable size? Have you reset the database before scanning?

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #15,768 of 18,020
Well I did what you did and all my tracks scan now but hardly any of my tracks display images.

I did and worked perfectly, as WriterHead said. Didn't really needed to do but the smaller FiiOmusic folder is welcome. Also got rid of some huge embedded art, all together around 2gb saved.

Regards

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #15,770 of 18,020
  Yes but MP3tag named them the same as the album title.

Maybe thats the reason. On mp3tag when you select the action "Export cover to file", name "Cover" simply.
AFAIK, at least "Cover.jpg", "Folder.jpg" and "Fiio.jpg" will work

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #15,771 of 18,020
  So what amp module would I use if I prefer a warm analog sound? I'm looking at DAPs again after using windows tablets and want a wifi enabled DLNA DAP and the amp modules are pretty interesting.

How is the wifi stability and DLNA playback? Any issues?

I don't advise you to use FiiO X7 if you need WiFi player.

There is significant interference with sensitive headphones which makes it impossible to enjoy your music, you hear all kinds of noises, etc.
Also, the WiFi reception on FiiO X7 is significantly worse than on your smartphone or laptop, which makes the streaming services such as Tidal / Spotify lags and stutter.

There is nothing FiiO can do about this in the future as these are the consequences of poor hw design and not firmware issue.

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #15,772 of 18,020

There is significant interference with sensitive headphones which makes it impossible to enjoy your music, you hear all kinds of noises, etc.
Also, the WiFi reception on FiiO X7 is significantly worse than on your smartphone or laptop, which makes the streaming services such as Tidal / Spotify lags and stutter.

There is nothing FiiO can do about this in the future as these are the consequences of poor hw design and not firmware issue.

Unless you get one (like mine) that doesn't have any of those problems...

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #15,773 of 18,020

I don't have the stutter and lag issue either with Tidal.  Go into your wifi settings on the X7 and change the sleep setting to Always on.

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #15,774 of 18,020

I went through two of them both exhibiting the behaviour you mention and this is why I gave X7 up. It was practically unusable as a streaming audio device.

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #15,776 of 18,020
Doesn't stutter for me.  And buying from an authorised FiiO agent means if there are issues, FiiO will repair or replace.

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #15,777 of 18,020
I usually use my Fiio X7 + AM2 module with HE400i or HD650 at home and Momentum 2 or JH Angie for street. I have not noticed poor wifi reception or stutter nor any interference. 

But after reading your post I have just tried with my most sensitive iem (Hifiman RE 600, great iem at good price now by the way) and I have noticed that background electronic interference mentioned when wifi is activated. When the music starts I am unable to detect it even at lower volume but with the music stopped or at near zero volume it is detectable and it is gone if you as soon as you disable wifi.

I did noticed the same kind of interference on iBasso DX80 (at boot up and moving menus) and iBasso dzero mkII connected to iPhone 4s.

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #15,778 of 18,020
  I usually use my Fiio X7 + AM2 module with HE400i or HD650 at home and Momentum 2 or JH Angie for street. I have not noticed poor wifi reception or stutter nor any interference. 

But after reading your post I have just tried with my most sensitive iem (Hifiman RE 600, great iem at good price now by the way) and I have noticed that background electronic interference mentioned when wifi is activated. When the music starts I am unable to detect it even at lower volume but with the music stopped or at near zero volume it is detectable and it is gone if you as soon as you disable wifi.

I did noticed the same kind of interference on iBasso DX80 (at boot up and moving menus) and iBasso dzero mkII connected to iPhone 4s.

@WriterHead do you have AM3? if yes, how do you like it with Angie balanced? I'm very pleased with the combo (Angie II) and don't have interference issues, although I have wifi always OFF on X7 on Pure music mode.

Regards

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #15,779 of 18,020
Well that sucks, is their any wifi enabled DAP that runs well and doesn't have issues? I've read of problems with the Pioneer and Onkyo wifi DAP's as well. If not I'll just stick to using Windows Tablets as my audio players. I don't have any wifi issues and AIMP has alot of sound options for me to play with to make it sound how I want.

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #15,780 of 18,020

@WriterHead do you have AM3? if yes, how do you like it with Angie balanced? I'm very pleased with the combo (Angie II) and don't have interference issues, although I have wifi always OFF on X7 on Pure music mode.

Regards

I don't have AM3. sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back