FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jun 29, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #12,707 of 18,020
Damn, I´d really like to order the modded AM1 module they sell on taobao, but I can´t read/write chinese. From what I´ve read on erji.net (with the translate app), the mod seems to be the reason Fiio did AB tests with some modded AM1 modules and the AM2, and the best of the mods now will become the AM2a. Can´t wait!  
tongue.gif

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #12,708 of 18,020
Damn, I´d really like to order the modded AM1 module they sell on taobao, but I can´t read/write chinese. From what I´ve read on erji.net (with the translate app), the mod seems to be the reason Fiio did AB tests with some modded AM1 modules and the AM2, and the best of the mods now will become the AM2a. Can´t wait!  :p  

Interesting. Any idea what the mods were?

Jun 30, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #12,710 of 18,020
So I've been out of the loop for a while, and completely missed that the balanced module, the one I was looking forward to the most, has been released. Looking on Amazon, it's listed as $199, is that correct or just marked up? I mean it's balanced, but double the price? It's Micca distribution which I thought was legit, and perhaps even a partner of FiiO?

Jun 30, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #12,711 of 18,020
So I've been out of the loop for a while, and completely missed that the balanced module, the one I was looking forward to the most, has been released. Looking on Amazon, it's listed as $199, is that correct or just marked up? I mean it's balanced, but double the price? It's Micca distribution which I thought was legit, and perhaps even a partner of FiiO?

Understand that the AM2, AM3 & AM5 were to share the same pricing.
I've taken advantage of the recently announced Fiio discount on the AM3 which reduced the price by approximately half.

Jun 30, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #12,712 of 18,020

The balanced amp module (AM3) is $99.00 as well. The distribution seems to be in a holding pattern so the seller on Amazon is taking advantage.

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #12,713 of 18,020
Thanks for clarifying that, I suspected as much. I'm not so desperate that I'd pay double -_-. I looked around online, it does indeed seem that they're in short supply, I guess I'll wait a couple more months and eventually FiiO will start producing enough.

Thanks for mentioning the discount offer, I found the thread but alas it's only for buyers of the AM1 package, and I got the original one.

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #12,714 of 18,020
Amazon UK has AM3 in stock, sold by EA Audio, UK FiiO distributor

But maybe in the US you would have to deal with customs...

My 2 cents

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #12,715 of 18,020
  Thanks for clarifying that, I suspected as much. I'm not so desperate that I'd pay double -_-. I looked around online, it does indeed seem that they're in short supply, I guess I'll wait a couple more months and eventually FiiO will start producing enough.

Thanks for mentioning the discount offer, I found the thread but alas it's only for buyers of the AM1 package, and I got the original one.

If what you mean by the "original one" is that you got an X7 closer to the original launch date (and thus came with an amp module), then you actually do qualify for the discount.

Jun 30, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #12,716 of 18,020

If what you mean by the "original one" is that you got an X7 closer to the original launch date (and thus came with an amp module), then you actually do qualify for the discount.

Oh, I was looking at this thread, and it says under Conditions: "This promotion is only available for X7 with AM1 version’s customers." Did that change?

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #12,718 of 18,020
Argh, I guess I'm getting senile... all this time I have been thinking it was referring to the basic version or USB-only version, but that's AM0... I guess I'll give it a shot, whatever the actual stock situation may be.

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #12,719 of 18,020
  Argh, I guess I'm getting senile... all this time I have been thinking it was referring to the basic version or USB-only version, but that's AM0... I guess I'll give it a shot, whatever the actual stock situation may be.

Yeah, based on what you said I think you do qualify for the discount. Unless you bought the basic "Standard Edition" (that doesn't include any amp module) that was only released very recently, you're eligible for the deal.

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #12,720 of 18,020
Here's the current facts regarding playlists on the X7:

1. Path names need to be defined using front-slashes rather than back-slashes (following Linux convention, unlike other X players
redface.gif
)
2. As CH23 noted, /mnt/external_sd/ is the path to the micro SD card. /mnt/internal_sd/ is the path to the internal storage. But if you place the m3u file in the root of the same storage as your songs (e.g. root directory of external SD, for songs on the external SD), you may omit this altogether.

So this guide still mostly applies
http://www.head-fi.org/t/761295/how-to-create-m3u-playlists-for-use-on-the-x1-x3-and-x5-from-your-computer

with the exception that you don't need to add #EXTM3U to the top of each playlist, but do need to find and replace all "\" generated by foobar with "/" .

You once again saved my playlist.

I accidentally deleted the whole thing when adding tracks to it, and a new one would again not play. usually i create playlists on linux, which has the forward slashes instead of backward slashes, but i used MP3tag and couldn't at all make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back