FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 31, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #10,726 of 18,020
  I'm satisfied to, cant wait for the high powered module =)

Are you skipping the AM3?
blink.gif

And don't forget that other AMP modules may arise from 3rd parties, maybe in a near future. I am still curious to hear more from AM2 experience, not much for power to drive bigger cans or some IEMs, but more for sound characteristics.

Regards

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #10,727 of 18,020

blink.gif

And don't forget that other AMP modules may arise from 3rd parties, maybe in a near future. I am still curious to hear more from AM2 experience, not much for power to drive bigger cans or some IEMs, but more for sound characteristics.

Regards

I'm a bass head , more power to the people=)

yeah I'm curious too about other modules from 3d parts, maybe a bass head module, bigger battery?

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #10,728 of 18,020
  I'm a bass head , more power to the people=)

yeah I'm curious too about other modules from 3d parts, maybe a bass head module, bigger battery?

You don't need another AMP for that, you need this:

Or maybe you need to start looking for another headphone...

Mar 31, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #10,730 of 18,020
  Ha ha I'm planing on getting some new ones..any recommendations?

Currently i have the beoplay h8 and momentum 2

if you want bass, i recommend beats by monster/dre :wink:

Mar 31, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #10,732 of 18,020

blink.gif

Regards

In all honesty to me it still sounds the same but I can go louder on my Hifiman.
If the X7 has a characteristic sound with the AM1 then I do not see that has changed, same tonality just more available power.

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #10,733 of 18,020

In all honesty to me it still sounds the same but I can go louder on my Hifiman.
If the X7 has a characteristic sound with the AM1 then I do not see that has changed, same tonality just more available power.

Ah, Now that IS some info, thanks!

I am aware Its YOUR perception but its important to know from different people, different gear.

I am more curious with the upcomming AM3 since I never had any headphones with a balanced connection, so I might drop a few euros just for the experience, for sure I'll do if community feedback happens to be CLEARLY positive.

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #10,735 of 18,020

Lots of great ones out there. Stop by the basshead iem and/or basshead headphone thread. You will definitely find whatever it is you're looking for.

if you want bass, i recommend beats by monster/dre :wink:

Pass. Thanks anyway! :wink:

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #10,736 of 18,020
Anyone had issues yet with the 1gb partition for apps? This seems ridiculously small for an android device. I have only installed a few different media players and chrome and I'm already at 700mb. Is there a way to install apps onto the main internal drive or onto the external sd?

I'm okay with rooting if this is the only option as I did so once already for viper4android - reverted to stock as I didn't hear a noticeable difference.

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #10,738 of 18,020

Bass headphones?

Sennheiser urbanite

Sennheiser vb630 (I think this is how they are called)

Audeze LCD series

sony XB 700 

sony XB 1000

Sennheiser ie800

Sennheiser ie8/ie80

Monster turbines (I forgot if they are still made?)

There are countless. . . . . . 

Now, if anyone wants to name a bass and sparkly treble and clear headphone for me (besides ie800)...

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #10,740 of 18,020
swmkdr-I wasn't able to get viper working with the stock player but it works with Neutron. Definitely give it another try, only reason I'm keeping the X7.

Anyone here able to get neutron working with Fiio x7 and mojo via coax? Doesn't play for me. Not sure if it's one of the countless settings in neutron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back