FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 24, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #7,471 of 18,020
To add insult to injury, I've been live streaming from TIDAL this evening and getting large amounts of Wi-Fi radio interference, predominantly in the right channel.

The X7 is a beautiful device. It's SQ makes me want to listen to it all day long, but as a player to make use of streaming services it is, in my opinion, useless.

Back in it's box it goes while I decide whether to risk further disappointment with the Onkyo, or stick with the cumbersome but effective smartphone / external DAC-Amp combo 
confused_face.gif

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #7,477 of 18,020
FW 1.5 is out. Check Fiio’s Facebook page for more info. I was hoping for DAC functionality. Bug fixes aren't bad, though...

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #7,478 of 18,020
Hi

I'm currently using a FiiO X5 2nd Gen, E12A and Shure SRH1540 headphones. In the new year I want to upgrade this and was wondering if anyone has done a comparison between the FiiO X7 and the QP1R. I realise the X7 has only got the IEM power module available at the moment, but hopefully something can be taken from the comparison.

Also, will the X7's IEM module drive the Shure's OK?

Regards

Darren

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #7,479 of 18,020
Has anyone else been getting a static-like interference sound? I've seen some people mentioning things like that, I've been getting it while trying to stream.

This is interesting. I had similar issues with AK-120 II. As soon as the WiFi system was doing anything, I could hear a faint clicking sound in the earphones. That was the reason I returned my unit.

My guess at the time was insufficient isolation or something like that, sounds like this is probably the case here as well.

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #7,480 of 18,020
To add insult to injury, I've been live streaming from TIDAL this evening and getting large amounts of Wi-Fi radio interference, predominantly in the right channel.

The X7 is a beautiful device. It's SQ makes me want to listen to it all day long, but as a player to make use of streaming services it is, in my opinion, useless.

Back in it's box it goes while I decide whether to risk further disappointment with the Onkyo, or stick with the cumbersome but effective smartphone / external DAC-Amp combo :confused_face:

Right channel as well not seen anyone say the left channel yet. Wonder if it is just the right channel, and if it is that seems osd to me, admittedly.my knowlage is rather limited ablut this sort of stuff.

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #7,482 of 18,020
Wifi noise, no problem, just download Tidal music and fill up a 200GB SDXC card and play offline. Oh, wait - can't download Tidal to SD card. Well, just fill up those 2 SD card slots with 200GB cards. Oh, sorry - only one slot. 

I feel like and idiot for buying this thing.  Makes a 128GB iPod Touch with the Centrance HiFi-Skyn look like a real Tidal monster.

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #7,483 of 18,020
Wifi noise, no problem, just download Tidal music and fill up a 200GB SDXC card and play offline. Oh, wait - can't download Tidal to SD card. Well, just fill up those 2 SD card slots with 200GB cards. Oh, sorry - only one slot. 

I feel like and idiot for buying this thing.  Makes a 128GB iPod Touch with the Centrance HiFi-Skyn look like a real Tidal monster.

Try to look on the bright side. You can put it up for sale here and lose very little if anything on it and then the horrible nasty thing is out of your life forever and we don't have to read about how bad you think it is anymore. A win for you and a win for us

Dec 25, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #7,484 of 18,020
Good point. I just needed to vent a little. So much squandered potential.

Dec 25, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #7,485 of 18,020
Good point. I just needed to vent a little. So much squandered potential.

I completely understand how you feel. Even though I didn't have to pay to play (I've got the tour unit), the disappointment got the better of me... If you scroll back a few pages you'll see my rants

Users who are viewing this thread

Back