FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Aug 13, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #646 of 18,020
my main concern besides audio quality is storage space. Hi Res/FLAC files are quite big and for anyone with a large collection like myself, the more storage space the better. 64GB internal memory with the 2 micro SD card slots would be a minimum, but would much rather 128GB internal memory plus the 2 micro sd cards.

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #649 of 18,020
I beg you, can you tell FiiO to use rockbox on the X7 coming?

Or at least, app market so can install the rockbox...

I will be so glad to dump HM901 then...

HM901 plays awesome, but the software is... @#$%$%^#$%^ i dont wanna curse here.

:)

Note that Rockbox does not play above 48/16 (any higher res file will be resampled to 48/16); this will go against the goals of this DAP :xf_eek:

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #650 of 18,020
1, yes.

2,   the UI will be the original Android L .with our music playback app.

3,  yes.

4, At least coaxial out.

5, 128g build in flash will be too expensive.

6,  yes, but the leather case will not included in the box. 

remember our target price is $699 not $1000. 

2. This has me a little worried stock android isn't the greatest OS to make a single focus device like a high end dap, I'll reserve judgment till the device is out but I don't want this to be a general purpose pocket device. It should be focused on audio and only audio don't need a web browser or email client, internet radio is cool but there's only some much quality you can squeez out of mp3s and that doesn't warrent a $700 price tag

Just copy the design of the ak120 ii it's gorgeous design

5. I agree with the fact that the base model will less memory, but I would appreciate it if you could offer higher capacities for a premium

yes, a 3.97 inch full touch screen, in fact, maybe 3.3 is the best but we can't find the screen. 

What will be the aspect ratio? If your taking opinions I would like either 3:2 or 16:10

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #653 of 18,020
Again, my 5 cents, I would pay even $2000+ if x7 has:

- 2x ES9018 (balanced baby)
- Replacable battery!!
- micro sd card port (even one is fine!)
- Replacable amplifier module, OR: balanced amplifier with 4x OPA627 + 4xBUF634 OR  4x OPA627 + 4xOPA637 combo.
- body: metal
- rockbox (or if android - native sound feeding on basic API level)!
- bluetooth to connect remote media control OR phissical buttons: play/stop, next, prev, volume.

Those 6 things together will make me paying A LOT for device :)

I can throw extra if:

- screen resolution is 800p or higher! But Its not that important, screen can be even monochrome with backlit!

Any coax, optical out is advantage but no force!

Accessories:
- any welcome

If fiio x7 has those things... it wont bother me if fiio x7 is:
- chunky
- ugly
- stinks
- is hot
- explodes
- has a girlfriend...

Please, fiio, kick hifi-slow-man and ibazo-no-interface azzz and make perfect device! If list ios to ambitious - make two versions expensive for me having those and cheaper for others having some less!

No compromises please FIIO !!! :)

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #659 of 18,020
The Geek Wave options are SO convoluted and confusing. I'm voting for simplicity and excellence on X5

Sorry Robin, you don't get to vote this time around b/c you left your body... Just kidding!
Really though, I understand how you feel about this.
For me though, I think the Geek Wave idea is fantastic and completely innovative. I'm going to give them time and see if they can do the difficult juggling act that they for sure have promised themselves. Let's see if they accomplish it. It could happen, no?

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #660 of 18,020
I just want to reiterate that the X7 does NOT need dual ES9018 to be balanced. It's a wonderful sounding DAC if implemented correctly. FiiO, please focus on you're usual quality implementation for the X7 and not on marketing buzzwords and dual fluff to sell the player.

If you implemented a balanced output that would be fantastic and a single ES9018 can do it easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back