FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 30, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #14,476 of 18,020
Well this is very positive for them. Leaving the customer empty handed isn't but it means they are growing. Besides they shipped the first batch which is always the most problematic productionwise, you aren't sure about demand and regional preferences. I'm sure they will improve on future batches.

Oct 1, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #14,478 of 18,020
A few more pics of new firmware (reposted from Baidu Tieba):

(Photo Credit: 绽放的季节FiiO)

Oct 3, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #14,484 of 18,020
  Will battery life be improved somewhat with the new 5.1 firmware optimizations?

nobody knows. 2 post above you, @tomwoo said that all the info he has, he's got from the pictures.

At this point we're all waiting for any official information :)

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #14,485 of 18,020
You know, this looks VERY close to CM13, It looks SO good! Also knowing the technical capabilities of Android M, this is definitely going to have a speed increase too, as well a being bundled in with a SuperSU rooted system and greenify, this is gonna be hella fast. Zoom!

I wonder if there will be theme options and such for the FiiO stock player.
I'm hyped! This, a new amp and buying a new set of IEM's will be like having a brand new player all over again. I'm so freaking happy!

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #14,486 of 18,020
Hi all, did someone test the dlna function in fiio player? I have synolgy nas ds213j, my fiio see the nas, also plays flac files from it... synology have also internet radios in his dlna function, i can see the internet radios in the dlna, but can not play them, i know there are tons of aplications in android mode, but anyway is there some solution, so i dont need always to change from pure mode to android mode for internet radios? Thanks

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #14,487 of 18,020
I finally had time to listen to AM3 connected to my HD800 in balanced. Let's say that I still prefer HD800 connected to my Corvina but a part from a little fatigue on the high they are quite a close match!
Corvina has stock valve, I just received a Mullard tube and am waiting for something even better, will test them with the new tube and will report the improvement (if there's any).

It amazes me how subtle the differences are between a 1200$ Hybrid tube Headphone amp and a 99$ SS amp...

Now about AM3 and hissing, I can confirm no hiss at all with HD800 balanced and even with my UE700 SE...but hiss is definitely there with Shure SE535 both in balanced and SE so this is related to very sensitive IEMs (Shure are 119dB/mW). I'll check hiss on th AM2A which should be incoming in the next days.

Oct 3, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #14,488 of 18,020
  Will battery life be improved somewhat with the new 5.1 firmware optimizations?

Logically speaking, better optimized software will usually result in better battery life 

Just conjecture on my part 
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #14,489 of 18,020
The X7 is so darn versatile!

Whenever I am sitting down and working, I always have with me the AM3 and AM5 modules within an arms reach (one is always connected to X7) so its a matter of switching out modules to suit my mood and gear. Totally changed how I feel about the FiiO X7 and its been getting quite a bit more listening time thanks to all this. :)

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #14,490 of 18,020
I received this week my Fiio X7. Once received, I have done the upgrade to the latest firmware and everything is working properly.

I just need to take a doubt: when the screen is locked, the volume button works only step by step? I can not hold and the volume increase / decrease continuously in the same way when the screen is unlocked.

Is there any way to change this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back