FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 16, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #13,246 of 18,020
I am totally speculating here, but I suspect Fiio is aiming at creating a competitive dap to high end dap makers via high quality sound reproduction (audiophile). The x7 sounds really amazing (I am using am5) and easily bests other daps and full desk top rigs I have heard. In fact, I like it better with full size headphones than the mojo, which I sold. If this assumption is true, people wanting to use the x7 to colour the sound via eq (bassheads included) are just not the primary focus fiio is after, though I am sure they will get to it when the bugs and sq of the x7 are as good as they hope for.

Fiio is really good about listening and responding to customers. But right now (and I think rightly so) they are focused on getting rid of bugs and give us the best possible audiophile, uncoloured, sound profile possible.

I think they are doing a good job, even though I have been vocal about how much I find aspects of their UI bugs frustrating. SQ wise, it is a very impressive dap for the cost.

Very well written, I subscribe and hope FiiO is thinking and acting on the same direction

Regards

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #13,247 of 18,020
  I am totally speculating here, but I suspect Fiio is aiming at creating a competitive dap to high end dap makers via high quality sound reproduction (audiophile). The x7 sounds really amazing (I am using am5) and easily bests other daps and full desk top rigs I have heard. In fact, I like it better with full size headphones than the mojo, which I sold. If this assumption is true, people wanting to use the x7 to colour the sound via eq (bassheads included) are just not the primary focus fiio is after, though I am sure they will get to it when the bugs and sq of the x7 are as good as they hope for.

Fiio is really good about listening and responding to customers. But right now (and I think rightly so) they are focused on getting rid of bugs and give us the best possible audiophile, uncoloured, sound profile possible.

I think they are doing a good job, even though I have been vocal about how much I find aspects of their UI bugs frustrating. SQ wise, it is a very impressive dap for the cost.

totally understand this 

and i see a huge potential for it becoming a great dap that can suit different tastes, so i am glad people who are not that caring bout bass alot that they got what they need

now when we bass lovers ask to get as happy as the others, i hope others can understand us for the need of a great eq in a dap

all we ask is that Fiio at least just acknowledge our eq questions, and they simply can tell me that is not what they are considering doing and then I will turn the page and just move on with how the dap is now

again i like the x7 but like u guys have ur wishes in other areas related to ui I have mine which resides in eq and bass

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #13,249 of 18,020
totally understand this 

and i see a huge potential for it becoming a great dap that can suit different tastes, so i am glad people who are not that caring bout bass alot that they got what they need

now when we bass lovers ask to get as happy as the others, i hope others can understand us for the need of a great eq in a dap

all we ask is that Fiio at least just acknowledge our eq questions, and they simply can tell me that is not what they are considering doing and then I will turn the page and just move on with how the dap is now

again i like the x7 but like u guys have ur wishes in other areas related to ui I have mine which resides in eq and bass

Ya, don't think you understood the point I was making. It's all good.

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #13,251 of 18,020
  kindly can u at least once address bass lovers concerns for once

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I was under the impression if you want bass buy the appropriate Headphones/IEM's. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #13,252 of 18,020
Can you tell me how??

I was referring to Fiio. They can make adjustments via firmware, but it won't be significant.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I was under the impression if you want bass buy the appropriate Headphones/IEM's. :)

We have the "appropriate" headphones. What is the big deal about people that want bass that it seems to bother so many others? There are amps with bass boost, are there not? Amps tuned to have a little more bass? Eq that works effectively? Why do 3rd party apps have a better eq system than the stock player? That's all most of us are asking for. It's not interfering with anyone else. Those of us that are making this request certainly aren't telling others making different requests to find something else, their issue isn't important, etc.

Jul 16, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #13,253 of 18,020
  Perhaps I'm mistaken but I was under the impression if you want bass buy the appropriate Headphones/IEM's. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Usually if you buy high end headphones they're kind of light on the bass to help with clarity in the highs/high mids, so ideally you buy the expensive headphones and EQ the bass in later...............if they have adequate/extra bass to begin with that bleeds into the highs and mids and hurts the clarity, which means you charge $300-$1500 less for your headphones because with that tuning it's no longer considered high end. 

In my case I have plenty of bass heavy headphones (SZ2000, M100, LP2, Urbanite, Beats) but they just sound muffled compared to my high end ones. Even if I take some of the bass out I still don't get the soundstage and clarity of the more expensive headphones. 

So I'm looking for a good bass module with a bass boost similar to the Fiio E12 that I can put my high end cans on.

I'm aware you can EQ with apps right now, but it would really be cool to have a nice switch that can just flip and enter bass nirvana.

Jul 16, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #13,254 of 18,020
I was referring to Fiio. They can make adjustments via firmware, but it won't be significant.
We have the "appropriate" headphones. What is the big deal about people that want bass that it seems to bother so many others? There are amps with bass boost, are there not? Amps tuned to have a little more bass? Eq that works effectively? Why do 3rd party apps have a better eq system than the stock player? That's all most of us are asking for. It's not interfering with anyone else. Those of us that are making this request certainly aren't telling others making different requests to find something else, their issue isn't important, etc.

Steady on mate. I'm not having a go at bass lovers. I like a little bass boost myself but in my case I purchased headphones and IEM's that are well known for the boosted bass without having to eq, ie Beyerdynamic T51p, DN1K, Westone W3 and Aurisonics Harmony. All well known for their boosted bass response.

Maybe for a genuine bass head not enough bass but they sure as hell provide enough for me and I like my bass deep and with rumble.

I having nothing against bass lovers and to be honest I have never found the equalizer in FIIO daps to be any good. I don't think anyone did. That's why I still own my original X3 - the simple but effective hardware bass boost. 

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #13,256 of 18,020
@oldmate My bad bro, didn't mean to come off like that towards you. My apologies bro.

beerchug.gif

Completely agree with you in regards to Fiio's eq... And I still have my OG X3 as well.
wink.gif

It's all good mate. 
biggrin.gif

I do understand the bass head concerns though as from what I have read it looks like the FIIO player has full hardware access to the DAC whilst 3rd party do not and somebody correct me here if I'm incorrect. If this is the case then yeah, it would be terribly frustrating given the quality of eq found in 3rd party apps.

I have to use UAPPro on my S3 into my HA-2 rather than say Poweramp to get full DAC access otherwise I'm constrained by the Android audio framework.

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #13,257 of 18,020
Never mind, misread...

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #13,258 of 18,020
Full hardware access to the DAC has nothing to so with the software implementations of the EQ. The EQ is applied before the PCM bitstream is sent to the DAC. How else would you suggest the bitstream gets converted to an analogue signal as there is no other hardware in the device to perform this task besides the DAC? Again, there may be confusion of third party apps not getting around Android's audio limitations, but that's not really DAC related.

I don't know - Osmosis?? 
wink_face.gif

Forgetting eq for a moment as I don't use it anyway does the FIIO app have an advantage over 3rd party apps in that it is not constrained by the android audio framework??

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #13,259 of 18,020
Forgetting eq for a moment as I don't use it anyway does the FIIO app have an advantage over 3rd party apps in that it is not constrained by the android audio framework??

Yes, that's a more accurate term as far as I understand it, and after re-reading your post I realised that's what you were getting at (see my redaction above your post :wink: ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back