FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 5, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #1,051 of 18,020
1. Size: Don't care. Less than "phablet" size. I wear combat trousers and don't mind dedicating one thigh pocket to hifi. Other people might want shirt pocket player, I don't care.
2. I find touch screen annoying. I loved my Sansa Clip+, I love my Fiio X3. Screen is good for navigating files to pick track. I'm not so interested. That said, if it played videos as well as music that could be awesome, a whole new world for me.
3. I mostly listen album to album so for me, playlist support would be better. make the playlist on PC, choose it on X7. Done.
4. I love the sound of the X3, I haven't heard the X5. If you think ES9018 , I trust you.
5. eject-able, swappable, industry standard media is a definite yes for me. I'd happily pay for that feature rather than Ipod style "8gb", "32gb" no-expansion-port. Nonsense. Even C= 64 has expansion port. Never insult your customers imaginations.

I've lost track of the numbering scheme anyway. Don't forget that your customers could be anyone. Your customers could be better software engineers than your software engineers. For sure they'd charge less. If the Fiio X3 could scrobble and play 8 bit console music, then I'd have a device that I love as much as I loved my Amiga for the first time since C= went bankrupt in 1994. Scrobbling and openness is all I want. If you put out a player that does both I'll send my X3 to the rockbox devs and listen to my X7. I like WavPack because I can test if I can tell the difference between lossless and lossy with certain tracks as played with blind AB testing on Foobar 2000. The "busy" tracks where I can tell the difference I take the full file. The acoustic + vocal tracks, where I can't, I take the lossy file. This simplifies library manipulation. If I could trust my Xx to play anything, inc 8 bit console music, ala Droidsound, for example, I'd have my ideal hi-fi in portable, affordable form.

Faithfully, 

Andy.

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #1,052 of 18,020
The modders of ipods can purchase a mSATA adapter for $20 retail. $40 if you want a premium Tarkan unit. Again, at retail.

So integrating mSATA onto a device motheboard can't possibly add that much cost. So that argument does not work for me.

Personally more storage would be big deal for these devices. Hi res files are 4-8 times bigger than the equivalent redbook flac. And of course redbook files are about 3 times the size of the equivalent MP3 or other high quality bit reduced files.

okay... in ipod classic is normal to be able to introduce mSATA. This is because it used a HDD in the first place. It has everything needed to spin a hard disk, it mostly has the things needed to run mSATA. Fiio products on the other hand were never developed with hard disks in mind, but fIash memory. i would love mSATA, it is so much cheaper, runs faster than microsd, and would make everything so much better....

as far as my knowledge goes, there are only a few laptops which support by nature msata. Most can do it by changing the tray of a hdd into a msata port. thing is, msata, as i said, has a long road to walk before replacing microsd's and it is yet to be recognized by phone makers, tablet makers, laptop makers. this is not probable.

i am kind of sorry, given that i could have bought a 256 gb mSATA with less the price of one 128gb microsd.

Actually, FIIO, if it would not be a hassle, and you already are a game changer, please do implement a mSATA port, besides the microsds at least?... if possible?... it would not cost THAT much, but it would change everything

Nov 5, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #1,053 of 18,020
  in say 4 years, there will be a better player, better sound, better everything. This is not because someone wants it to be, it is because the technology advances. FAST. Likewise for IEMS. For headphones, hd800 is the top for sennheiser and audeze are making one every year or so. It is not because of a conspiracy. just usual technological advancement. User replaceable batterries is a bad ideea. Anyone still uses a samsung galaxy 1, or an even older phone just because you could always have bought a new batterry. 

It is about caring for the product. I happen to know this. Say, you have a device. You will abuse the batterry if you will be able to. So you will abuse the device. No problem so far, you will buy a new one. BUT, what if you will take it to warranty. This can damage the company's profit, so to avoid abuse, to avoid warranty returns, it is a good ideea to avoid user replaceable batterries.

Possibly, but things level off as well.  A replaceable battery allows ME to choose whether I want to upgrade (or sidegrade) or not, instead of being forced to.  Just because something exists that is better doesn't mean I'm not still satisfied with what I have.  

I don't quite get your other two points.  I feel I'd be more likely to take care of something that can last longer than something that is by design disposable.  And I don't see why it would affect the warranty.  Batteries usually outlast the warranty and/or are excluded.  

I hope i have not been to harsh with anyone, my bad if i have been, and i apologize in advance.

Nope

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #1,054 of 18,020
Maybe the thing I miss the most in my fiio x3 - is a possibility to add songs in Query. Such thing is realized in PowerAMP app on Android, and this replaced playlists for me.

So if there will be a query playing in next generation of Fiio players, this will be awesome.  

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #1,055 of 18,020
JamesFiio

There has now been over 6-months of potential customer feedback on Fiio's dream X7 DAP.

How about an update on Fiio's current-thinking regarding the potential specifications for the X7 (first listed back in April 14).

Of most interest:

Screen: 3.5 inch ~ 4.3 inch Full Touch Screen. To be decided.

Key layout: Full touch control+ Bottoms+ Volume Knobs

Output power: > 300mW/32 ohms, Power supply: +/- 6V ~ +/-11 V  . To be Decided.

Playtime: 10 hours

Data transfer: USB 2.0 ( Micro USB), WiFi

DAC chip: ESS9018 , not ESS9018M2K, The ES9018 includes 8 channels DAC which means it is equal to 4 X ESS9018M2K

Build in memory: To be decided.

Extra Memory: Micro SD slot X 2

Thank you

Frank

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #1,056 of 18,020
Goodies 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #1,058 of 18,020
  JamesFiio

There has now been over 6-months of potential customer feedback on Fiio's dream X7 DAP.

How about an update on Fiio's current-thinking regarding the potential specifications for the X7 (first listed back in April 14).

Of most interest:

Screen: 3.5 inch ~ 4.3 inch Full Touch Screen. To be decided.

Key layout: Full touch control+ Bottoms+ Volume Knobs

Output power: > 300mW/32 ohms, Power supply: +/- 6V ~ +/-11 V  . To be Decided.

Playtime: 10 hours

Data transfer: USB 2.0 ( Micro USB), WiFi

DAC chip: ESS9018 , not ESS9018M2K, The ES9018 includes 8 channels DAC which means it is equal to 4 X ESS9018M2K

Build in memory: To be decided.

Extra Memory: Micro SD slot X 2

Thank you

Frank

sorry, we are busy in x1 and some other new models, anyway, here is some update for the X7:

1, Dimension:  128*16*64mm

2, Screen:  3.97 inch full touch IPS

3, Battery life: > 8 hours

4, Battery: 3700mAh.

5, Hardware bottoms: power, play/pause, previous/next, volume+/- and one secret bottom. 

6, Input/Output interface:

Micro SD slot  X 2

Micro USB X 1, ( As docking connector too cause we used 11 pins Micro USB )

3.5mm Line Out/ Coaxial output

Headphone out X 1, the output jack will change from 3.5mm output jack, 4 pin balanced output ( same as ALO/RSA ), depended on the headphone amp module .

7, Build in Memory: 16 or 32 GB depended on the cost when it is released .

8, Wifi/Bluetooth support.

9, DAC: ESS9018 X 1,  ESS9018 already includes 8 channels DAC so it does not need 2 DAC chips.

10, OP and Buf for AMP, depended on headphone amp module. 

11, Output power and power supply: depend on the amp module. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 7, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #1,059 of 18,020

sorry, we are busy in x1 and some other new models, anyway, here is some update for the X7:

1, Dimension:  128*16*64mm

2, Screen:  3.97 inch full touch IPS

3, Battery life: > 8 hours

4, Battery: 3700mAh.

5, Hardware bottoms: power, play/pause, previous/next, volume+/- and one secret bottom. 

6, Input/Output interface:

Micro SD slot  X 2

Micro USB X 1, ( As docking connector too cause we used 11 pins Micro USB )

3.5mm Line Out/ Coaxial output

Headphone out X 1, the output jack will change from 3.5mm output jack, 4 pin balanced output ( same as ALO/RSA ), depended on the headphone amp module .

7, Build in Memory: 16 or 32 GB depended on the cost when it is released .

8, Wifi/Bluetooth support.

9, DAC: ESS9018 X 1,  ESS9018 already includes 8 channels DAC so it does not need 2 DAC chips.

10, OP and Buf for AMP, depended on headphone amp module. 

11, Output power and power supply: depend on the amp module. 

Sounds promising

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #1,061 of 18,020
  About some features which should be supports by the firmware, be ware and X7 is based on Android system, so people can install some third-party Music App. 

Oh dear. Hopefully it won't have the usual Android hiccups

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #1,062 of 18,020
About some features which should be supports by the firmware, be ware and X7 is based on Android system, so people can install some third-party Music App. 

thanks, this ensure we all have our preferred ui and it will work well enough , so it will have a balance out ? in form RSA 4 PIns? wouldnt it better to use TRRS?

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #1,063 of 18,020
thanks, this ensure we all have our preferred ui and it will work well enough , so it will have a balance out ? in form RSA 4 PIns? wouldnt it better to use TRRS?

yes, RSA 4 pin but not TRRS. but why do you prefer TRRS ?

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 7, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #1,065 of 18,020

Please, make X7 screen like this and keep same form factor! (no to touch screen)
analog volume control circuit!
class a amplification + good battery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back