FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion
May 1, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #151 of 313
I have one very, very serious problem with 2.5 firmware - displayed song names are incorrect. It shows either one name for all songs in the album, or the first song has a name of the second song etc. It's just completely wrong and it happens with many, many albums I got. I'm talking about FLAC files, not sure if it happens with other formats too. Going back to 2.4 fixes the problem. I've reloaded the firmware a few times for some other reasons, and the problem persists.

May 1, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #152 of 313
  I have one very, very serious problem with 2.5 firmware - displayed song names are incorrect. It shows either one name for all songs in the album, or the first song has a name of the second song etc. It's just completely wrong and it happens with many, many albums I got. I'm talking about FLAC files, not sure if it happens with other formats too. Going back to 2.4 fixes the problem. I've reloaded the firmware a few times for some other reasons, and the problem persists.

i cannot understand. can you make a photo, or give a little more detailed example.

Had you tried mp3 tag for re-tagging the files?

had you tried doing a factory reset before installing 2.5?

May 2, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #153 of 313
There's nothing to explain... FW 2.4 displayed correct names, but in 2.5 the displayed names of songs in some of the albums I have are incorrect. Example: suppose I have an album consisting of 5 songs: 1) AAA, 2) BBB, 3) CCC, 4) DDD, 5) EEE. FW 2.4 would show the correct name of every song. In 2.5, it's displays the same name (for example CCC) for all songs, or it shows EEE on song 2 instead of BBB. It's weird because I had no such problems in 2.4, all names were correct. It's hard to consider some modification a 'fix' if it breaks things.

I said I've reinstalled it numerous times, so yeah.

May 2, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #154 of 313
  There's nothing to explain... FW 2.4 displayed correct names, but in 2.5 the displayed names of songs in some of the albums I have are incorrect. Example: suppose I have an album consisting of 5 songs: 1) AAA, 2) BBB, 3) CCC, 4) DDD, 5) EEE. FW 2.4 would show the correct name of every song. In 2.5, it's displays the same name (for example CCC) for all songs, or it shows EEE on song 2 instead of BBB. It's weird because I had no such problems in 2.4, all names were correct. It's hard to consider some modification a 'fix' if it breaks things.

I said I've reinstalled it numerous times, so yeah.

i think that you should contact Fiio about this.

May 6, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #155 of 313

I have the same problem on some FLAC files with CUE sheet. On some FLAC files displayed song names are correct, on some ones are not (showed second song name frome CUE file). Didn't find out why - returned back to 2.36b.

May 6, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #157 of 313
Any plans by Fiio for 2.6 fw anytime soon?
Any place to suggest upgrades and improvements?

usually we suggest and request things either in x5 thread or in latest firmware thread, which is this thread.

The only real quirk i have now is with wheel, and if it can be improoved in any way. in rest, firmware seems fine for me. 

I have the same problem on some FLAC files with CUE sheet. On some FLAC files displayed song names are correct, on some ones are not (showed second song name frome CUE file). Didn't find out why - returned back to 2.36b.

this is pretty interesting. I belive that your problems might come from within the .cue sheet. It happened to me a few times, try splitting the flac into songs using foobar with it's flac converter, it might solve all of your problems. 2.5 firmware is pretty good, and it would be sad if you were to miss it because of this problem, as i can be solved.

May 6, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #159 of 313

this is pretty interesting. I belive that your problems might come from within the .cue sheet. It happened to me a few times, try splitting the flac into songs using foobar with it's flac converter, it might solve all of your problems. 2.5 firmware is pretty good, and it would be sad if you were to miss it because of this problem, as i can be solved.

Yes I know 2.5 sounds pretty good. Single flac files converted by foobar solve the problem. But the real advantage of the Fiio devices  IMHO is reading CUE files with single FLACs APEs (and remebering last pos). And large part of my music collection uses that format. Its saves time between switching between using X1 an X5. I hope Fiio will solve this little annoing problem

May 7, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #160 of 313
I have this weird stuttering/lagging issue that happens when I play FLAC or any other lossless files. It doesn't always happens but its pretty annoying when it does. This started since FW 2.4 and is still there in 2.5. I tried resetting, restore factory default, clearing the memory. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Also my scroll wheel is really wonky. Sometimes when I am scrolling it decides to go in the opposite direction. Really makes it hard to navigate.

May 7, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #161 of 313
  I have this weird stuttering/lagging issue that happens when I play FLAC or any other lossless files. It doesn't always happens but its pretty annoying when it does. This started since FW 2.4 and is still there in 2.5. I tried resetting, restore factory default, clearing the memory. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Also my scroll wheel is really wonky. Sometimes when I am scrolling it decides to go in the opposite direction. Really makes it hard to navigate.

maybe it is the time to send the player to fiio for repairs?

May 7, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #163 of 313
  So it's only me then? Don't know if its still under warranty though..

Whoa..just checked, the postage to Hong Kong is pretty steep.

I think that you are the only one experiencing the problem. You should contact fiio support and see what they tell you to do. 

You can also try to see if the people you bought from can solve the problem.

May 7, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #164 of 313

So it's only me then? Don't know if its still under warranty though..

Whoa..just checked, the postage to Hong Kong is pretty steep.

I think that you are the only one experiencing the problem. You should contact fiio support and see what they tell you to do. 

You can also try to see if the people you bought from can solve the problem.

Actually, I also have the exact sames issues on my X5...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back